• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Snoranger’s 2023 Ranger Lariat Tremor

snoranger

Professional money waster
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
I didn't ask for your life story, just answer the question!
Once upon a time I owned an ‘89 Ranger STX Highrider. It was probably my favorite truck I’ve ever owned and what got me hooked on Rangers. It was very capable offroad, yet it still maintained a factory ride quality. Everything I’ve built since has been a comprise between offroad-ability and street ride/ handling. I’ve always wanted another one as a daily driver.
This leads me to the point of this thread. I recently drove a ‘22 Ranger Tremor. For some reason, it reminded me of my old ‘89 STX and I decided I needed one. With my F150 lease ending in a few months, the current Covid, chip shortage, supply chain issues, or whatever other excuse of the day is causing the dealers to not have anything in stock I started looking into a replacement truck.
Since dealer lots are currently empty and trucks are sold before the car carrier finishes unloading them, I decided to order one. This gives me a great opportunity to walk anyone who may who may want to order a Ford for the first time through the process. (Between my wife and I, this will be our 3rd special ordered Ford, so I’ve got some experience already.)

My first step was to decide what vehicle I was interested in. Driving the ‘22 Ranger Tremor pretty much sealed that deal. I checked the specs and found it checked all the boxes I need a vehicle to do.

My second step was to text my salesman and find out if I can order a ‘23 Ranger yet. Apparently I could. So I went on Fords build and price site and built about 20 different optioned ‘22 Rangers. (The ‘23 model year build and price isn’t out yet.) I settled on a few different choices, and stopped by the dealership to get a price.
My choices included a XLT, 302a package, Tremor and a Lariat, 500a package, Tremor. The price difference was just about $1500. I took the quotes home to think it over for the night. (I never agree to a purchase on the first visit to the dealer.)

I thought about it overnight and decided that the leather interior, LED headlights, etc was well worth the $1500. I texted my salesman and told him to order me the Lariat. (He already had all my info from the past trucks.) About 5 minutes later, I got an email from Ford confirming my order and telling me that it may take a while.

DAD9942F-6706-4331-A570-70C3BB00B390.jpeg

So that’s where we are right now. I have a ‘23 Ranger Lariat Tremor on order as of 9/22/22.

Here are the options I ordered and a few of the computer generated pics:

Lariat 500a
Tremor offroad package
Technology package
Trailer tow package
Spray in bed liner
Keyless keypad

43C8B9FA-F464-4D26-AA29-8F371A449C32.png

6CCC54FC-09DD-4948-BD2B-B0BDA627EA37.png

0D36FEC0-02FD-4C50-B899-1DC7CDD002F1.jpeg

Robertmangrum.rm

Wannabe Overlander
Supporting Member
RBV's on Boost
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5 level kit with rear add a leaf appox. 1.5
Tire Size
305/70r17
My credo
Buy it, build it, and drive it like you stole it
I wished the Tremor package was out when I bought my truck. I've been banging around selling mine to Carvana and getting one but I'm 2 years in now and don't really want to start over on payments. Plus they are about 20 k higher then they were in 2020. Maybe not if you order it but that's what I've seen on lots around here. The shocks and struts along e are abou 3k upgrade aftermarket plus you get all the appearance and electronics that come on the FX4. That's the ultimate package. At least till they bring the Ranger Raptor to the US. Congrats man. Now for the big question. Will it be on the trails or will it still be towing the Yamaha for that?

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
Its probably better to be self deprecating than self defecating.
Lots of folks have been getting screwed out of their LED headlights due to parts constraints on ordered trucks lately, hopefully they figure that TF out before yours starts getting built.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
When we ordered the Bronco people were saying the factory keypads were just the stick on ones. The popular thing was to get them as an accessory and stick them on the inside of the fuel door so they are out of sight. Supposed to be common to do on Rangers.

Food for though. :dntknw:

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead follow or get out of my way
They had one in Catus Grey sitting for sale at the local dealer for about a week. I didn't think it would last. It was tempting... but I still want to see what 2024 brings.

I know some are on the fence with graphics but they've grown on me. I kinda dig the graphics on the Tremor which the one here in town had....

1664282891926.png

Not sure they would look good on the blue you chose... but on white or grey I like it.

Is it an option to add graphics?

rubydist

TRS Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger FX4
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
@snoranger - you will get your truck sooner if you eliminate the factory spray in bedliner and have the dealer or Linex do it. Ford has been having an issue all year with not being able to get enough of the materials for the spray in bedliner, and our experience has been that they come around a month sooner without that.

Ranger850

Doesn't get Sarcasm . . .
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Born with a 3.0, looking for a donor V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
Doing things wrong, until I get it right.
They had one in Catus Grey sitting for sale at the local dealer for about a week. I didn't think it would last. It was tempting... but I still want to see what 2024 brings.

I know some are on the fence with graphics but they've grown on me. I kinda dig the graphics on the Tremor which the one here in town had....

View attachment 82963

Not sure they would look good on the blue you chose... but on white or grey I like it.

I like the graphics too. Sets it apart from the 6 other variants. I thought the Tremor came with the bed graphics, but with the option to delete them at no extra cost.
Those bed graphics on the gray truck seem to be opposite of the "Splash" bed graphics.
1664292854262.png
1664292874763.png

snoranger

TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
I wished the Tremor package was out when I bought my truck. I've been banging around selling mine to Carvana and getting one but I'm 2 years in now and don't really want to start over on payments. Plus they are about 20 k higher then they were in 2020. Maybe not if you order it but that's what I've seen on lots around here. The shocks and struts along e are abou 3k upgrade aftermarket plus you get all the appearance and electronics that come on the FX4. That's the ultimate package. At least till they bring the Ranger Raptor to the US. Congrats man. Now for the big question. Will it be on the trails or will it still be towing the Yamaha for that?
If I have a motorhome by the time our annual trip comes around, I’ll bring the Yamaha and the RV. The Ranger will be used for closer stuff.
Lots of folks have been getting screwed out of their LED headlights due to parts constraints on ordered trucks lately, hopefully they figure that TF out before yours starts getting built.
I won’t take delivery if it’s not want I ordered. I’ll just buy my F150.

When we ordered the Bronco people were saying the factory keypads were just the stick on ones. The popular thing was to get them as an accessory and stick them on the inside of the fuel door so they are out of sight. Supposed to be common to do on Rangers.

Food for though. :dntknw:
The Bronco used the stick ons so there was less wiring in the removable door. This one’s hardwired.

View attachment 82963

That doesn’t look bad on that color. I can’t see it working on the Lightning Blue I ordered.
Yes, the graphics are an option.
@snoranger - you will get your truck sooner if you eliminate the factory spray in bedliner and have the dealer or Linex do it. Ford has been having an issue all year with not being able to get enough of the materials for the spray in bedliner, and our experience has been that they come around a month sooner without that.
I’ve got time, a company truck, and a spare Ranger. I can wait.
I like the graphics too. Sets it apart from the 6 other variants. I thought the Tremor came with the bed graphics, but with the option to delete them at no extra cost.
They’re $750!!
BE44D7E6-3D50-4400-8DAC-2FAE37F1FBBC.jpeg

Ranger850

Doesn't get Sarcasm . . .
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Born with a 3.0, looking for a donor V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
Doing things wrong, until I get it right.

snoranger

TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
I was being sarcastic.
I never even looked at the price until you said something… I just saw the pic and skipped it as an option. I only posted that cause I was shocked that Ford thinks thats worth $750.

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15

RumPunch

Supporting Member
Law Enforcement
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
3"
Tire Size
31x10.50R15
That’s exciting. I placed an order in February for an F150 that I ended up turning down. It was a good event but I didn’t plan to accept from get go(which I told the dealer and was told as long as it’s not purple with leather seats and an XL it’s fine). My main disappointment was the fact I couldn’t order certain wheels with heated seats… I went and looked at it as soon as it came in and it was exactly what I ordered. Pretty fun getting the notifications (less the delays, which I had 2). I COMPLETELY plan to order any other new vehicle I buy from Ford this timeline just didn’t work out… keep us posted!

Here was my special order.

IMG_20220830_123943213.jpg

IMG_20220830_124034393_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220830_124018660_HDR.jpg

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I never even looked at the price until you said something… I just saw the pic and skipped it as an option. I only posted that cause I was shocked that Ford thinks thats worth $750.
If you think that is bad price them as an add on...

snoranger

TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
I got an update on my order today:

791A1E87-1838-4321-99A3-95E825FD3995.jpeg

That sounds like their way of saying “settle in… it’s going to be a long wait.”

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals