• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Sleep walking........ anyone?

ranger_mclaren

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1995/02
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3/2.0
Transmission
Automatic
Anyone else sleepwalk or know someone who does? I've been doing it latly and it really starting to scare me. I talked to my mom about it she says I used to do it a lot when I was kid. She thinks its from lack of sleep and working too many hours. To be honest my sleeping habits have gone astray for no reason.

I went from being lucky if I could stay up till 5:30am to now I'm lucky if I get in bed by 9am. I work second shift 3pm to 11pm. I on average put in 56 hrs a week up to 72 hrs.

So not only am I getting less sleep when I do sleep I walk around and move things and stand in place. The other night I apparentlly got out of bed stood in the hallway for a couple mins my wife was laying on the couch watching tv. She sat up asked me what I was doing. I began to. Say I need to wash my hands and use the rest room. Then I started talking and not making sense. She said I got real aggervated and stomped off to the restroom . At which point I used the restroom and went back to bed. I don't remember doing any of this.

This is the first time she has seen me do this, but I'm begaining to wonder how many times I have and she wasn't up to see it. I know this is the second time I can prove I've done this the first time I got up and moved one of my cars of the bedroom dresser sat it on the floor in the hallway then went in the restroom and tried to get a drink from a roll of toilet paper. I saw me doing all this but to me it seems like a dream, but when I woke up the next morning I found the car in the hallway infront of the closet and a soaked roll of toilet paper on the sink. I've also squeezed my wife in the middle of the night by giving her a big bear hug, and. I pulled her hair by petting her on the back of the head. I woke up both times to her screaming at me.

Should I be worried about this or is this ok to sleep walk? I'm scared as to how many things I've done and didn't know about it. I'm also afraid I'm going to hurt my self and or my wife and be completely unaware of what's going on.

I've been trying to go to bed early but my body won't let me I end up getting up again and watching tv or playing on the internet till I finally dose off around sunrise.

Not getting sleep is also taking a toll on me at work usually about half way through the day I end up "hitting a wall" and I find myself dozing off on my lift while it's moving. So far I've been catching myself before any thing bad happens but it's only a mater of time. I have found that a quick trip to the break room to get a cup of coffee will wake me right up. But by the time I get home I feel like I haven't sleep in a week. But no matter what i can't go to sleep.

I'm worried.

AngryLepercon

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
It happens.

I sleepwalk on nights that I drink one too many. Or really tired.

I have held full conversations with myself
I have been seen outside in 2 feet of snow talking to myself with only boxers on at 2am.

I have dislocated my shoulder because i ran into a entertainment stand on a sleepwalking adventure. ( ok ok i may have been drunk that time) lmfao.

They say I never say a word to anyone but myself. I smile a lot, my eyes are glazed over, and it lasts no longer then 20 mins.

I also work long hours 6 days a week. I honestly don't know how I get to work in the mornings. My eyes are closed 75% of the trip. Hence i drink so much coffee

About seeing what your doing but not in control. I also had that once i was like 12 yo and remember flipping out running around the house screaming, throwing things, running out the door into the street. I could see through my own eyes but couldn't control myself. I blacked out and woke up in the hospital with 106 degree temp. They said I had a seizure of some sorts.

Last edited:

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
last time i sleep walked (slept walked? sleeped walked? sleeped walkered? how ever you say it) was in college at the frat house. i got hammered and decided to use my dirty clothes basket as a urinal. my g/f was not happy when she did my laundry that week.

the time before that, i was in a hotel in VA for a soccer tournament when i was in high school. i woke up knocking on the hotel door because i couldnt get in. all i had on was my boxers too lol. i dont know where i went.

Dugan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1989, 1949
Make / Model
Ford, IH
Engine Size
2.9L, 355 SBC
Transmission
Manual
It happens.

I sleepwalk on nights that I drink one too many. Or really tired.

I have held full conversations with myself
I have been seen outside in 2 feet of snow talking to myself with only boxers on at 2am.

I have dislocated my shoulder because i ran into a entertainment stand on a sleepwalking adventure. ( ok ok i may have been drunk that time) lmfao.

They say I never say a word to anyone but myself. I smile a lot, my eyes are glazed over, and it lasts no longer then 20 mins.

I also work long hours 6 days a week. I honestly don't know how I get to work in the mornings. My eyes are closed 75% of the trip. Hence i drink so much coffee

About seeing what your doing but not in control. I also had that once i was like 12 yo and remember flipping out running around the house screaming, throwing things, running out the door into the street. I could see through my own eyes but couldn't control myself. I blacked out and woke up in the hospital with 106 degree temp. They said I had a seizure of some sorts.
Years later he has a dancing 4 legged penis that is rainbow colored as his avatar.... BE AFRAID BE VERY AFRAID!

I dont sleep walk but I do wake up and say things I have no idea im saying and have no recolection... my gf gets home at 12am from work.. I have work at 5am... Yes... Im tired and she wakes me up! haha

snoranger

Professional money waster
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
I didn't ask for your life story, just answer the question!
My grandfather had this vivid dream of walking around a museum. He was stuck in an ancient Egyptian display and couldnt find a bathroom. He pulled an urn down off a counter and pissed in it and put it back.

The next morning he found a pitcher full of piss on the kitchen counter. :icon_rofl:

I dont sleepwalk, but I sometime talk in my sleep. My wife yelled at me to stop snoring one night. I turned to her, said "I dont snore, it must be you" and went right back to snoring. I dont remember it at all.

Last edited:

AngryLepercon

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Years later he has a dancing 4 legged penis that is rainbow colored as his avatar.... BE AFRAID BE VERY AFRAID!

I dont sleep walk but I do wake up and say things I have no idea im saying and have no recolection... my gf gets home at 12am from work.. I have work at 5am... Yes... Im tired and she wakes me up! haha
Touche

ranger_mclaren

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1995/02
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3/2.0
Transmission
Automatic
I'm glad I'm not the only one. My mom said when I used to do it as kid I liked to piss inthe kitchen trash can. Not really looking forward to that. Lol

shane96ranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 / 1989
Make / Model
Ford F150-Stang
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.6 Triton / 5.0

:icon_rofl: Oh, that's what that is.... :icon_rofl:

All I know is it's not angry, and it's not a leprechaun.

doorgunner

Lab Rat for V.A. hospital
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
2009 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
New Orleans (8' below sea level & sinking)
Vehicle Year
1934/1989
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
350+1
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
N/A
Total Drop
3/4
Tire Size
23570R15
My credo
JESUS Loves Ya!
My brother-in-law took a 1/4 mile hike out of his house, climbed up the levee near his home....and was walking on top of it when his father found him....he still doesn't remember doing it....the Mississippi River was on the other side of the levee!

You definately need to see a doctor about it.....and soon.......shift work never agreed with me...I fell asleep driving home/then again at a traffic light with people honking at me.....

now.....if'n you wanna talk flashbacks........ :icon_surprised:

ranger_mclaren

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1995/02
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3/2.0
Transmission
Automatic
Yea I fell asleep at the wheel back in 2001 and I almost did make it home alive. I went left of center and hit a semi head-on. I walked away from the wreck with a sprained ankle and a cut ear. The police told me I was lucky to be asleep cause I was limp at the time of the impact. I wouldn't be here today other wise.

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Event Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ugly Truck of Month
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo
it is easier to fix and understand than "her"
madisyn did this for years...its fawking horrifying in the winter....i had an auto lock door that i specifically instructed the door guy not to install when we were building our house.....i did not notice it at first those first couple of weeks as we always used the back door....what was left of it after she couldnt get in from the front porch went through his side window on his van...

she walked by one time bout 3-4 am when i was working on my rig for a wheelin trip and i caught the movement out of the corner of my eye and my buddy that was with me seen her...figured she was taking out garbage or something at first, but she never even responded to his calls or mine......she was headed down the road in her underware....i cant tell you how horrific a feeling that gives a dad...

lil bob does some weird shit too....not as bad a sleep walker but has worse night terror.

the other three were fine....

my drunken shenanigans on the other hand back when i was a drinker.....

my poor wife... i was a total wanderin assclown

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
last time i sleep walked (slept walked? sleeped walked? sleeped walkered? how ever you say it)
I believe the most correct term is "somnombulated".

I do similar things, but rarely actually get out of bed.

The other night I fell asleep at 10, woke up at 10:33 enough to remember seeing the clock and thinking "F it". The next thing I remember my wife is waking me up at 10:45, ask if I remember anything from the last 10 minutes.

Apparently in the intervening time I tried to incite her to, as Sheldon Cooper would put it, "amorous activities". I then gave up after about 5 minutes and promptly returned to a state of complete unconsciousness.

pontiacfieroguy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1989, rip1988
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3 4cyl, rip 2.9v6
Transmission
Manual
I'm glad I'm not the only one. My mom said when I used to do it as kid I liked to piss inthe kitchen trash can. Not really looking forward to that. Lol
that's crazy as hell, I used to sleepwalk and piss in the kitchen trashcan a lot when I was young. woke up with a belt across my back almost everytime. hell I drove almost to atlanta from knoxville in my sleep onetime, that's when I went to dr and got some trazadone . I also talk nonstop in my sleep and cry a lot or at least all my exes say I do. I also beat the hell out of my ex while sleeping. she said I was screaming at this guy I worked with the whole time I was doing It so I think sleep actions have a lot to do with dreams and the stress of everyday life that we can't deal with in real life so we deal with it in our subconsciius.

Brownie Mobile

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
A few years back i wook up went into my dads room stood there tilll he wook me up and said what are you doing in here? and i preceded to rip out all his drawers and throw his clothes all over the place then quietly walked away back into my room and went to sleep.

doorgunner

Lab Rat for V.A. hospital
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
2009 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
New Orleans (8' below sea level & sinking)
Vehicle Year
1934/1989
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
350+1
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
N/A
Total Drop
3/4
Tire Size
23570R15
My credo
JESUS Loves Ya!
A friend of ours will fall asleep sitting there watching the football game....20 minutes later he'll "wake up" denying that he fell asleep....

He'll remember the play/who had the football/what down it was/the time on the game-clock/the score before he fell "asleep"...but he won't believe anyone until they show him the time that it REALLY is/the current play/who has the ball/the down it IS/etc.--all of this---20 minutes later!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals