• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Sleep walking........ anyone?

robertc1024

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
nada
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I never have but my wife did when she was on Ambien. Its ironic that it's used to treat insomnia. She'd go to bed and I'd be up reading or watching TV and she'd just wander around the house as naked as a jay-bird with no memory of it the next day. She finally got off of that and it hasn't happened since.

AgPete139

09/2014 OTOTM Winner
Supporting Member
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Total Lift
~9"
Tire Size
35"x12.50"x17"
Interesting. Everyone's stories make me not feel as bad or guilty when I talk or sit up in bed. I have sleep walked (I guess, slept walked?) a few times in my 29 years, but I occasionally do it a few times a month.

I will wake up next to my fiance, spout some nonsense about what I need to do or who I need to see, get frustrated, and go back to sleep. I usually get annoyed when I realize I cannot do it at that given time or my fiance is unwilling to negotiate. She got irritated at first with me, when he believed me to be awake. Now, she's found a way to talk to me, and to lay back down. It's really weird. :sad:

However, she also plays asks me silly questions while sleep talking, and I reply with nonsensical incoherent answers, giving her a good laugh. Once I told her, "Horses don't need umbrellas. Coca-cola has bananas." WTF?! Yea, I know. :icon_confused: :icon_rofl:

I would suggest a psychologist as well, if it's that severe. It comes from a lack of sleep, and internal stress. Do you think laying off the caffeine and alcohol, or even purchasing a new mattress would help?

I've read (from multiple sources, including psychology texts) that sleeping in not ideal conditions can wreak havoc on your duration and quality of REM. An old mattress with worn springs can be hard on your back, and not be conducive to proper rest.

Also, guys, come on! Urinate and don't drink a pitcher of water before you go to sleep! :icon_thumby:

snoranger

Professional money waster
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
I didn't ask for your life story, just answer the question!
Interesting. Everyone's stories make me not feel as bad or guilty when I talk or sit up in bed. I have sleep walked (I guess, slept walked?) a few times in my 29 years, but I occasionally do it a few times a month.
Its sleep-walked.

DFracing

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
not much of a sleep walker definatly very active in my sleep, i yell and talk alot, apparently one time i had a friend over and we were watching a movie i fell asleep on the couch, i got up stood infront of the tv and told him to be a man and eat his food, scratched my balls and layed back down on the couch, but dont remember it. i also like to hit my girlfriend in the face in my sleep. no clue why.

back in high school i woke up 1 hour after i went to sleep, and took a shower, got dressed, got completely ready for school, walked downstairs and started to leave and my mom had to pry me away from the door because i was certain that i needed to go to school. she told me to go back to my room, dont remember that either

pxbacher

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Cologne 4.0 OHV
Transmission
Manual
I was living in New Bedford MA many years ago. A couple friends came up one weekend for a visit. We went out, drank a lot, came home and crashed. 4:00 in the morning I'm lying in bed and I hear this "liquid splashing on the rug" kinda sound. No clue why, but I IMMEDIATELY knew exactly what it was. I bolted up in bed, and there in the middle of the room is one of my buddies pissing all over the rug just as happy as can be. "CRAIG!!! STOP!!!" or something similar I yelled. He just turns his head, looks at me with glassy eyes, and says "...no... no... It's OK.... It's OK..." all the while pissing away. I think I realized that that point he was asleep and I yelled a lot more and he woke up, looked down, stopped pissing, and then went into about a half hour of profuse apologizing while he sopped up his mess. It made a funny story back then :)

ranger_mclaren

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1995/02
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3/2.0
Transmission
Automatic
I can tell you its not alcohol or matress. I don't drink and the matress is new. I don't drink pop either and only recently have a started drink a cup of coffee a day. I usually only drink water and milk. With a a cup of mcdonalds tea at least once a week. I don't smoke either. I just work drink water, go home eat whatever drink some milk, try to sleep. Then start all over.

doorgunner

Lab Rat for V.A. hospital
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
2009 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
New Orleans (8' below sea level & sinking)
Vehicle Year
1934/1989
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
350+1
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
N/A
Total Drop
3/4
Tire Size
23570R15
My credo
JESUS Loves Ya!
I never have but my wife did when she was on Ambien. Its ironic that it's used to treat insomnia. She'd go to bed and I'd be up reading or watching TV and she'd just wander around the house as naked as a jay-bird with no memory of it the next day. She finally got off of that and it hasn't happened since.
AMBIEN......Huhhhhhhhh ?

I gotta go to the store tomorrow so I can drop a pill in my wife's ice tea tomorrow nite ;missingteeth;

jhammel85

If I am stressed I do. That or I yell or something in my sleep.

According to my wife...I also stop breathing for a few seconds from time to time...

PanamaExpat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
4 liter
Transmission
Manual
I have a friend in Georgia named Terry. He had problems with sleepwalking all his life. One night he was sleepwalking and walked right off the edge of his deck and fell about 30 feet. Now he is in a wheelchair for life. For your own safety if you sleepwalk you need to try to find some way to control it.

509lifted

Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l, 4.0 v6
Transmission
Manual
robertc1024 i take that same thing and i guess i act like an octopus in the middle of the night whenever i take it, but back to sleep walking i do it atleast once a week i have caused three fires in my house cause of trying to make hot chocolate in the cardboard container on the stove and i have walked back stage at a concert when i was 5 i have also ended up at the police station under arrest cause they thought i was on drugs streaking untill they talked to my doctor and he told them i sleep walk alot, they dont know what the cause is for it being all the tim but they did find out that on the nights i eat fried chicken or even during the day i sleep walked that night everytime so maybe a food or drink is causing some of u to sleep walk idk

fyre82

Firefighter
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988/2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9/4.0
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
9" on the 2000, 6" on the '88
Tire Size
265/75/16, 31x10.50x15
My credo
The memories of a man in his old age are the deeds of a man in his prime

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals