• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Slave set screw help!!

RangerDange

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Hey guys so I posted this question in my other thread but hoping to get more responses here in the trans section. I have a 86 2.0 ranger and had the engine and trans pulled in order to solve some oil leaks and make some upgrades. Everything is back in now and the truck runs great but I can't seem to find the set screw that holds the line onto the slave cylinder. This year truck doesn't use a quick disconnect fitting. Does anyone know what size screw to use? I'd hate to pull the trans again just to match up a stupid screw. Thanks for the help.

AllanD

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987... sorta
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
'93 4.0
Transmission
Manual
the '85-87 slave cylinder doesn't use a screw, the line is held into the slave cylinder with a "hairpin clip"

I don't know where you'd find one either...

RangerDange

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
the '85-87 slave cylinder doesn't use a screw, the line is held into the slave cylinder with a "hairpin clip"

I don't know where you'd find one either...
Do you know of anything I could do to improvise until im able to either hunt one down or get a new slave?

AllanD

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987... sorta
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
'93 4.0
Transmission
Manual
Do you know of anything I could do to improvise until im able to either hunt one down or get a new slave?
IT looks like the clip that retains the pin for a drawbar on a receiver hitch, but is somewhat smaller. any good autoparts (NAPA) should have a pin assortment

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals