• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Slave cylinder line blew off !

Jim Henderson

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
4L V6
Transmission
Manual
Well , I've been working so hard on my truck for the past 2 1/2 months and today was the day to put it to the test.
Had a trip all planned out , me and a couple buddy's heading up to the slide and get some great wheeling in. I should mention that through most of my build I was able to keep driving my truck and all in all it hasn't missed a beat.
On our way out to the slide , glowing with the anticipation of getting some great wheeling in , and needing to top up gas and pick up some ice for our cooler , the short piece of line between the quick disconnect and the slave cylinder popped apart from the slave cylinder .
Just like that ,,,,, done before I even got started ,,,, total disappointment. I got a pull back to the ranch and started to diagnose just what happened and found the problem. I do know how to burp and bleed so It is not too big a deal , but just wondering if any one else has had that little roll pin work its way out allowing the entire line and all to separate from the SC???? :icon_confused::icon_confused::icon_confused:

Jim Henderson

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
4L V6
Transmission
Manual
One more thing , just in case someone else has had this issue , was there suppose to be a "O" ring on the end of that short line between the quick disconnect and the slave cylinder coupling ????
I was not even thinking to look at the time I stuck it back in and managed to get the roll pin back into place ???

Schnot

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
I don't remember the exact process but its in the Haynes repair manual that you can get from just about any parts house.

If you don't have one, google it and you should find something.

Sent from my iPhone.

Jim Henderson

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
4L V6
Transmission
Manual
Not in the manual , and have searched almost every where on the net that i could ,,, lots of info on the quick coupler disconnect but nothing on the SC roll pin end ???? thanks for the response though. :)

Jim Henderson

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
4L V6
Transmission
Manual
here is the end I am talking about , and not too sure if there is supose to be a O ring in there or not ,,,, any and all searches lead no where ,,,
I circled the roll pin that worked it's way out allowing the entire line to release from the slave cylinder ,,,,, if you haven't ever had this happen , then it may be one more thing you may want to keep an eye on during your regular maintenance inspections .
IMG_1322.JPG

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
I have never had the pin come out on it's own, but I have had to take that piece out when the line wouldn't disconnect. I don't remember if there is an o-ring on it or not. I was never that worried about it since I was always replacing the slave.

I'll try to get out and look at the spare one I have here soon.

Jim Henderson

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
4L V6
Transmission
Manual
Cool , I would sure appreciate it , not really wanting to pull transmission for just that . Thanks :)

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals