• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Slave cylinder fitting turnt wrong way

Patrick Maldonado

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Manual
I replaced the clutch and slave and master cylinder on my 1990 ford ranger and the new slave cylinder I installed was a perfection slave cylinder. When I went to go hook up the hose to the slave cylinder I realized that the way the fitting on the slave was that I couldn't move the clip cause it was up and down and the only way I can push the clip in is if it was side to side cause of how the hole is on the bell housing there isn't room to do it the way it is. Can anybody tell me how I can hook up my hose without pulling my trans back out and pulling my slave cylinder back out. Or is the only way to fix it is by pulling everything back out and adjusting the slave cylinder and putting it back in?

Rock Auto 5% Discount Code: F9A1A579ACFAD1: October 1st, 2021

ericbphoto

Overlander in development
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6"
Tire Size
35"
My credo
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are different.
All I can think is remove the rubber access cover at the bottom and use that hole to access the clip with a Hook, to pull the clip or long needle nose pliers to reinstall it.