• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

skyjacker superlift 2in lift/leveling coils

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco ii
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I know I'm going to need another front end alignment. I looked for the answer so I wouldn't make a jerk out of myself and just post. My question is; am I going to need to do anything else to my suspension? I figured lift coils would be the best route. Don't like the coil washer spacer idea. Don't want my steering all warped like some guys stuff gets; and I'm sure its pretty illegal here in va anyway. Idk why people don't use tube steel as a spacer. My dad and his buddies used to use tube steel. And I'm somewhat baffled as to why there are so many urathane haters. Its good stuff. Doesn't wear like factory rubber bushings and body mounts. The poly spacers are however, damned expensive. About the same as coils which doesn't make sense to me. After I put the coils and maybe a half inch aluminum spacer in I'm going to get the chevy lowering shackles and re arch my leaf springs. Theyr almost level even with the over loaders on lol. Hopefully she'll look pretty good when I'm done.

Sasquatch_Ryda

Ford Technician
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Tire Size
40s
The poly spring spacers have time and time again crumbled and failed under peoples springs.

The steel washers and cheap and work. They also allow you to adjust side to side easily.

I've had a set of steel washer spacers under my 6" coils in my ranger for 7 years worth of wheeling. No issues.

My 97 I built a set of aluminum spacers out of solid 3" round stock. They also work just fine.

You will need an alignment after the coils and will need some adjustable camber/caster bushings to get everything back into spec. Longer shocks would be wise as well.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco ii
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
The poly spring spacers have time and time again crumbled and failed under peoples springs.

The steel washers and cheap and work. They also allow you to adjust side to side easily.

I've had a set of steel washer spacers under my 6" coils in my ranger for 7 years worth of wheeling. No issues.

My 97 I built a set of aluminum spacers out of solid 3" round stock. They also work just fine.

You will need an alignment after the coils and will need some adjustable camber/caster bushings to get everything back into spec. Longer shocks would be wise as well.
Thank you. Ill see if I can pick up the adjustment bushings from a local store. Oh wow ther's lots of degree adjustments. How many degrees of adjustment will I need?

Last edited:

4x4junkie

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
35x12.50R15
I always get the 2-piece fully-adjustable ones. They can be set to whatever degree is needed.
If you're having a shop do your alignment for you, then they should be able to tell you what size bushing is needed for it after you get your springs or spacers in (if the tech knows what he's doing anyway... it seems a lot of them don't when it comes to these suspensions).

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco ii
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I always get the 2-piece fully-adjustable ones. They can be set to whatever degree is needed.
If you're having a shop do your alignment for you, then they should be able to tell you what size bushing is needed for it after you get your springs or spacers in (if the tech knows what he's doing anyway... it seems a lot of them don't when it comes to these suspensions).
Awesome and thank you. I was going to go ahead and put everything in myself and let them just align it instead of wacking me in the face with part and labor cost. :bawling: If I could do it myself I damn sure would.

I just hope re arching my leafs and installing the chevy lowering shackles won't call for getting the one piece driveshaft. (Not many 98+ rangers in the junkards here, just a ton of 1st and 3rd gens) I wasn'tv even aware of the two piece driveshafts exististence till I looked up under there.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals