• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Skyjacker Class 2 replacement

aspevacek

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
I currently have a 97 Ranger Splash 4x4 with a skyjacker Class 2 6 inch lift. It has been on the truck since 1999. I was going to swap all the aging springs out front and rear. The front seem to be sagging a bit and the I am starting to get axle wrap in the rear that I had not noticed before. I wa slooking at the James Duff site and see they offer a 5.5-6" Class 3 lift. I am currently leanign towards doing a full system swap and going to the James Duff. I am wondering if anyone has/ is running thier Class 3 5.5 to 6" Lift. And if it would be worth dropping the cash on and replaceing my entire system. My truck only has 84K miles on it and was only drive 1100 miles last year.

Downey

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
then sell me your used lift for cheap. james duff stuff is top notch

railman

December 2011 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I see no reason to get rid of the SJ Class 2 for the JD stuff...unless you don't have extended RA's....

if it is extended RA's ya after, by all means get the JD ones...I personally like them more than the SJ ones...

would be cheaper and easier to get new springs and new RA's and keep the SJ brackets....they are considered the toughest for RBV's anyways...

l8r, John

legoms013

09/2013 OTOTM
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
Waste of money to swap everything over.

Just replace the springs if they are sagged out. Better yet just add some washers under the front coils and a small block or AAL out back to regain your lost height.

No sense in making an entire system change bro…

aspevacek

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
I have just bene looking at the Jame sDuff stuff and kinda like the ove rall look of it. The wife and I talked about it and I am going to do the full swap and a few other things to the truck. Money is no where near an issue with doing this.

blh0007

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
I have just bene looking at the Jame sDuff stuff and kinda like the ove rall look of it. The wife and I talked about it and I am going to do the full swap and a few other things to the truck. Money is no where near an issue with doing this.
hey dude,
well if the money is not an issue then i say do it... JD makes good stuff and it will give you a decent project... oh and if you do decide to get the JD lift look me up and i will buy your SJ kit from you if the price is reasonable.

Downey

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
^^ already sold to me sorry man

aspevacek

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
I was not listing it as sold as Downey and I have already came up with what we consider a fair price for every thing I take off my truck.

The JD stuff is being ordered on 30 Aug along with some other things I have been wanting to do for a while. Only thing I am havign a hard time coming across is the super runner stering system.

Downey

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
^^ haha you and i have both started searching for it have you looked into the rock crusher steering? suppose to be better than than the super runner

aspevacek

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
Bu twhen you call places they do not stock it and everyon eis telling me how slow Superlift is at filling orders. Even summit racing has like a 30 day lead time in on alot of the stuff from super lift. Spoke with Super Lift a little bit ago and they told me the turn around to get the super runner steering is 4 to 8 weeks. So at this point i think I will b elooking at someone else as I do not like to wait that long for anything.

Last edited:

aspevacek

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
Well I pulled the trigger and have started installing the James Duff system on my truck. The rear is completed and the front is totally apart. I have been taking comparison pictures of the JD stuff next to the Skyjacker parts. So far the hardest part of the entire project was eating all the grinding dust as I cut the front Srping towers off the frame.

The Skyjacker stuff has been under my Truck since 1999 and has served me pretty well and never gave me an issue what so ever. I guess I just thought it was time for a change. I was looking at a 2011 Rubicon and my wife put a stop to that real quick as I already have 1 car (1995 Honda Delsol Si)perma parked at my mothers house. I drive a 2004 Impala and she has drives the ranger.Since I could not add another vehicle to the collection playing with one we had was the best choice. THere is next to nothing for the impala on the market and the honda does not get driven enough to justify spending money on it, that made the ranger the toy of choice.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals