• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Skin problems ...

jon440x

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Automatic
I am 26 and i have eczema for those of you who dont know what it is

The term eczema is broadly applied to a range of persistent skin conditions. These include dryness and recurring skin rashes which are characterized by one or more of these symptoms: redness, skin edema (swelling), itching and dryness, crusting, flaking, blistering, cracking, oozing, or bleeding. Areas of temporary skin discoloration may appear and are sometimes due to healed lesions, although scarring is rare.

Eczema - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I love to work with my hands but it is painfull to do work when my hands are like this ...........

I have gone to the doctor many times but they just give me some lame ass cream and it only works for about a week.

Just wondering what if any thing i could do to help me with this problem ?

lol sorry if you thought you were going to hear about my sex life with the title skin problems lol .............

MAKG

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
If the doctor is a family practitioner, insist on being referred to a dermatologist.

Aside from that, your doctor is a FAR better resource for this than anyone on the board.

budro

V8 Engine Swap
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Asked to be referred to a dermatologist. Both of our daughters have eczema. They gave them both the same stuff. It has a steroid in it as well. Works great usually clears it up within a couple days. Then just use as needed.

gw33gp

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
33"
My wife had a problem with eczema on her feet when she was youger. Several doctors tried many things to get rid of it and were not successful. She final went to a dermatologist and he put her on an intensive treatment that included a medecation on her feet then wrppping them with plastic at night. After a couple weeks of this, it suddenly went away and has never returned.

Follow MAKG's advice, see a dermatologist.

reno

Reaction score
Dermatologist, could be Ezcema, could be a bacterial infection. My doctor was not sure on my feet, so he sent me to a dermatologist and they found a bacterial infection, gave me some meds and that cleared that up. Due to my Diabetes (which had not been found at that time) my feet stayed dry and cracked and I rubbed lotion on them for it, that caused the bacterial infection. Had to swallow a pill 3X day for 2 weeks, no other medication would touch it.

So go to a Dermatologist!!! If your doctor does not want to refer you, find one yourself and tell that doctor he has lost a patient.

-=reno=-

jon440x

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Automatic
I went to see a dermatologist a long time ago, i am going to see if i can get into see one again. the main reason for this post is to get some info about possible creams, or things i can do to make this go away or to get it under controle ........... i will go over all the seguestions or possible creams with the doctor b4 i do anything.

jon440x

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Automatic
What do you guys do to protect your hands when working on your truck ?

crbnunit

Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I rarely work without gloves. I have found the blue nitrile gloves to be the toughest.

BlackBII

Ranger Custom
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
I the thin leather/mesh mechanics gloves, if I use any at all,
I got some good callouses

KELLY88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997, 2005
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 4.0
Transmission
Automatic
I use either the Mechanix brand or Craftsman mechanics gloves. Both brands work great. Sorry about your skin condition. Hope you get into a good dermatologist and they can help. When was the last time you went? Medical advances are going so fast there could be something new and highly more effective than what you had before that just came out recently. Don't get your hopes up but its definitely possible. Good luck.

MAKG

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
I've been using the HEAVIEST disposable blue rubber gloves I can find at the hardware store. Kinda pricey (around 50 cents/pair), but I don't tear them.

I find Latex to be just one step ahead of toilet paper. Nitrile is MUCH better, but I still tear them quite a bit.

I was first turned onto these by a roofing contractor for spreading the nasty black sealant stuff around.

KELLY88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997, 2005
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 4.0
Transmission
Automatic
Nitrile gloves work alright but they are a PITA to put on, especially if its warm and your hands have any sweat on them.

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
I found that brake fluid ate through the nitril gloves...but I managed to get most of the job done before my hands got anything on them...

LearjetMinako

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L 140ci
Transmission
Manual
I use thick latex gloves at my work. The thin nitrile gloves they provide, just suck. One pointy object and they rip wide open. The thick latex flexes and won't rip. But after even after 3 days of straight use, even the latex ones evently give and rip.

As for the skin problem. Dove soaps work great. Not only does it remove all the dirt and oils from my pores after a hard day at work. But it moisturizes too.

jon440x

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Automatic
thanks for the sugestions guys,

i went to see a dermatologist and found out that my hands were infected.......... so i am on pills and cream thats called CLOBETASOL my hands have gone back to normal

i am also going to look into getting some gloves,

if you dont have your hands you cant wrench on your truck ........

jon

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals