• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Single Cab Ranger Gas Tanks with Doubler

bbbc3

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
2.8 V6
Transmission
Manual
I'm considering the diy BW 1350/1354 since there doesn't seem to be other reliable options from manufactures. It looks like any doubler setup will interfere with the single cab ranger gas tank. Has anyone found a solution around this?

Shran

Junk Collector
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size

4x4junkie

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
35x12.50R15
You check with Behemoth?

Lil Bronco

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
347 ci
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I tried to order from behemoth, great looking product.

He sat on the order for months, sent me shipping numbers that UPS had no record of, then he wouldn’t answer my calls or texts.

Contested with my credit card company, then he texted me and gave me a credit.

He said he would send me the stuff, then we’d just reprocess the order...... that was December 2018, haven’t seen them yet.

4x4junkie

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
35x12.50R15
That's really a crying shame... :mad: We've had 4-5 diffferent vendors come forth with crawl boxes (or kits) for the 1350 & 1354 t-cases over the last decade-&-a-half, and so far apparently not a single damn one of them has been reliable. I really wish someone the likes of Advance Adapters or Marlin Crawler would get on board already (something besides AA's overbuilt-for-the-application Atlas t-case). It's obvious there's a market here, but I guess since it's not as big as for a damn J00p, no one wants to put any effort into designing one (makes me wonder if they even realize how little time it would take... All the damn thing is is two flat plates, a shaft, plus some junkyard t-case parts). Even if they sold only one every couple months I just can't see how it wouldn't be at least a little extra $$$ on their bottom line... (I'd do it myself if I had the means) Ugh...

I guess as for dealing with the tank, the easiest option would be like Shran mentions, do away with the mid-ship tank entirely and install a BII tank & crossmembers where the spare tire would go (I dunno, can you take a heat gun to the plastic tank and flatten it back a couple inches? I wouldn't think a heat gun would get it hot enough to ignite any vapors, but I don't know).

Shran

Junk Collector
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
For a short box truck with the original 15 gallon tank, MAYBE the shorty crawl box would fit, if you can get one, but it's going to be very close. If you've installed a larger tank.... forget it. The 17 gallon tank is very close to my t-case and would hit it if I had an electric shift t-case. Even if the shorty box was 1" thick it would still be too much.

Not sure if you could heat up a plastic tank and make it work. They're pretty thick.

One other option would be buying a brand new 2wd 17 gallon tank and cutting a large section out of it, and welding it back together so that it's a lot shorter... or moving the tank back... but it fits so well where it's at.

I'm kinda surprised that AA hasn't built anything. I wonder if it has to do with the cost of machining new gear sets and stuff... maybe they don't want to deal with customers using junkyard parts. They build so much other oddball stuff that I'm sure nobody buys... like the Ranger trans to V8 adapters... makes me wonder, even if they could build it for $1500 or so, you'd still save over a grand vs an Atlas.

bbbc3

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
2.8 V6
Transmission
Manual
I tried to order from behemoth, great looking product.

He sat on the order for months, sent me shipping numbers that UPS had no record of, then he wouldn’t answer my calls or texts.

Contested with my credit card company, then he texted me and gave me a credit.

He said he would send me the stuff, then we’d just reprocess the order...... that was December 2018, haven’t seen them yet.
This is not the only report of this, so I'm going to avoid them until I hear something positive.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals