• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Significant Loss of Power - Help Diagnose

Mutant Pony

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
The symptoms to me sound like low fuel pressure. Has the pressure been tested?

wmcclay

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Is this a calif. truck? they are a little different than the other 49

unclewolfie

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Ah, thanks for the photos; that, along with some additional reading, I found it. Quite obvious, as it does stick out of the wiring harness right next to the ICM. Although I don't have my timing (in between moves and it is packed away at a buddy's house; I know, that was dumb) I did remove the SPOUT connector, started the engine and then when I plugged it back in, the RPMs went back up, like they should. So, I believe I have timing advance; although, I was really thinking that was the problem.

I did run tests for codes again, since I have done a few things. KOEO test now revealed a Power Steering Pressure Switch open connection or circuit failure (code 519). I'm assuming this is unrelated, although interesting.

In running the KOER test, it came up with no problems found.

I'm taking the truck to a recommended mechanic tomorrow (Thursday), as I'm about out of things that I am willing/able to do, unless someone comes up with a new suggestion.

unclewolfie

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Yay, Hurray, Yippie! FIXED. Not sure it ended up being one specific thing, but the things that were replaced that may have contributed to this problem were; new fuel filter, one new coil and new plugs and wires. The last thing done was the plugs and wires and that really made the final difference. It was believed that one of the plug wires had gone bad. So, there ya go.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals