• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Side facing jump seat question (reposition)

det107

TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
You could mount them in the bed to toughen the kid up for the real word
A friend of mine got 2 boat seats & seat belts from a car. It was a very clean install, looked factory original :headbang:. The local police didn't like it & issued a ticket (apparently against the law)-

My Dad solved the seating problem by installing roof racks. Some parents used those closed containers and they helped delay the arrest date for a long time...until some of the kids got too big and they tried riding with the lid loose...it was OK until they hit highway speeds and the lid blew off...would have been fine if the lid didn't smash into the car behind them...
:icon_rofl:
Always fasten those lids tight...no matter how much they whine...
:icon_rofl:

racsan

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford/escape
Engine Type
2.5 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.5/151 I-4
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
235/70/16
My credo
the grey-t escape
on my '88 i found a child seat that would sit on the jump seat, had it behind the drivers seat, threaded the seat belt through it and also had a couple of those heavy rubber tarp straps, was secure as could be, probly the safest seat in the truck. didnt worry one bit about the "legality" of it all. once my child was too big for the car seat she just sat in the jump seat. she's 19 now and wont hardly fit back there now. when we would go on a long trip she would ride in the bed. (have a cap, always have) she could streach out , read, whatever. never had a problem.

willy

U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 explorer
Transmission
Automatic
just do what i do turn the air bag off put the kid in the front and stick the wife in the back seat

--weezl--

June 2011 OTOTM Winner
Law Enforcement
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
this is one of those times where i actually would be happy if people got banned, anyone suggesting that putting a car seat sideways in the backseat, or modifying your seats to put a child's car seat on is a god idea, should be permanently banned from this website!

im all for screwing with the newbie, but if you try to actually pull any of that shit and ever get in a car accident or have to make an emergency maneuver like swerving hard, and you had your newborn in your car you would probably kill them! Your innocent little child does not deserve to die for your stupidity!

aa for those saying they used to ride on dads laps or on the floor, i did too, but looking back on it, that was a horrible idea!

i actually made this video for youtube, to use in situations just like this!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odMv4zehJ6w

black_demon69

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
just do what i do turn the air bag off put the kid in the front and stick the wife in the back seat
and have a backseat driver NO THANK YOU!!!!!!:icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_surprised:

--weezl--

June 2011 OTOTM Winner
Law Enforcement
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
and have a backseat driver NO THANK YOU!!!!!!:icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_surprised:
thanks for coming out, that was a great contribution to this thread, not sure how we were able to function without it before hand! :annoyed:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals