• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Shaving Door Handles?

Wigifries

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Hi, i was wondering how much it would cost and even how or where i would begin to shave the door handles on my 1987 ford ranger? Any Feedback Would be greatly appreciated! Thank You

02RangerXLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I gotta mention this... but how the hell would that work? I know that in shaving the tailgate handle, you just relocate it to the inside of the tailgate... but where would you relocate the door handles to? :dunno::shok:

frankserrano

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2005, 1986
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L, 5.0L
Transmission
Automatic
I gotta mention this... but how the hell would that work? I know that in shaving the tailgate handle, you just relocate it to the inside of the tailgate... but where would you relocate the door handles to? :dunno::shok:
in all of the instances i've seen, the owner had installed a remote opener. it's really popular in the lowered truck scene.

martin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
If you go that route it's a good idea to have a connection somewhere that you can get to when everything is locked. If you don't you will have a hell of a job getting in when you have a flat battery.

frankserrano

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2005, 1986
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L, 5.0L
Transmission
Automatic
If you go that route it's a good idea to have a connection somewhere that you can get to when everything is locked. If you don't you will have a hell of a job getting in when you have a flat battery.
that's a good point too, i hadn't thought of that. i've never really liked the whole lowered truck scene, but a bunch of my friends are or were, but none of them had ever shaved the door handles off of their truck.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals