• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

shakes/knocking

peterbelt100

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
i have a 1994 ford ranger manual trans 2.3 xlt 4cyl b series 223k miles new rims decent tread i havent done any maintenance on my engine or tranny but i have done a long list of other items but several issues currently planning on fixing with tax return but i am not really sure of the spicifics of the issues and help narrowing it down would be helpful..and costs?
1. steering wheel shakes at highway speed."alignment is off"but it did still shake last time i had it done
2.the truck wants to keep going when im stopped and if i let go of brake it goes 2-5mph on its own.
3. the rear differential is leaking.
4. the truck shakes alot at highway speed but it feels like its knocking"i have replaced the u-joints once on the shaft and it still shakes/knocks/vibrates this was done at 206k miles
5. the rear main seal on the engine is leaking i have been religious about keeping oil topped off oil changes every 2,5k because of leaking
6. i had the clutch/slave/master replaced. most of my gears have trouble going in expecually 1st and reverse.
7. it seems like the engine really struggles at 62+ its definitly lost some horse power over the years and the get up and go from 30-65 is really slow i have to really punch the gas to keep my speed going up hills..
should i consider replacing my fuel filter?
those are all my issues. what would it cost me to fix these issues ball park?i found this guy ronnie on craiglist hes ase certified hes going to do it for 45hr for labor i am getting 3,2k back from the govt febuary i want to really do some work to my truck and then some maybe the headlights to led bright ones..orielly said its about 3k for engine and trans new/rebuilt should i consider rebuilds or save some extra and streight up have ronnie swap them? if he swaps them how long should it take a mechanic so i know if hes honest?

"i cannot sell this vehicle nor can i replace it at this time its been handed down from my grandpa all of my dads brothers and to me and i genuinely love my pickup and its not in my name nor is the insurence its technically my fathers pickup but ive been good about maintaining it"

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals