• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Shaken like a wet dog

f1ipf10p

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'97
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
Hey ya'll, it's been a good long while since i have been able to get on here and i got a new problem. for anyone not familiar with me and my truck it's a 97 2.3l 2WD step side with a 4r55e. i got a new tranny put in about three months ago. so here's the latest thing i need help on. Once I start my truck and put it in drive the dern thing starts to shake uncontrolably. as soon as i put a load on and start to drive it slowly goes away, and as soon as stop at a stop sign or red light it shakes even worse. i have cleaned the idle sensor but nothing happened. any ideas on where to start?

koda6966

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Broken motor mount maybe. I was told I had a bad motor mount and mine did the same exact thing.

The reason it settles down when you hit the gas is harmonics, at higher RPMs everything is more "in-tune."

I would check your motor mounts.

f1ipf10p

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'97
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks koda, i will definetly check that out tonight when i get off work. maybe i'll check it out while i'm at work "). any ideas on how much that would cost to fix or if i have to take it to a shop to have it fixed.

koda6966

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I never fixed mine so I couldn't tell you.

Mine got messed up when the oil pan was replaced, idiot didn't unbolt the engine just jacked it up.

It's on my to-do list. Right now I'm more focusing on rebuilding the back half and then fixing a few things up front.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals