• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Shaken like a wet dog

f1ipf10p

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'97
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
Hey ya'll, it's been a good long while since i have been able to get on here and i got a new problem. for anyone not familiar with me and my truck it's a 97 2.3l 2WD step side with a 4r55e. i got a new tranny put in about three months ago. so here's the latest thing i need help on. Once I start my truck and put it in drive the dern thing starts to shake uncontrolably. as soon as i put a load on and start to drive it slowly goes away, and as soon as stop at a stop sign or red light it shakes even worse. i have cleaned the idle sensor but nothing happened. any ideas on where to start?

koda6966

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Broken motor mount maybe. I was told I had a bad motor mount and mine did the same exact thing.

The reason it settles down when you hit the gas is harmonics, at higher RPMs everything is more "in-tune."

I would check your motor mounts.

f1ipf10p

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'97
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks koda, i will definetly check that out tonight when i get off work. maybe i'll check it out while i'm at work "). any ideas on how much that would cost to fix or if i have to take it to a shop to have it fixed.

koda6966

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I never fixed mine so I couldn't tell you.

Mine got messed up when the oil pan was replaced, idiot didn't unbolt the engine just jacked it up.

It's on my to-do list. Right now I'm more focusing on rebuilding the back half and then fixing a few things up front.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad