• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Sender/Slosh Module/Fuel Gauge

Robert R.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Hopefully someone has had this problem. It started when the fuel pump stopped working. Replaced it. Now the fuel gauge is all wacky. Empty is just above 1/4 and full is around 3/4. Previously it had been fine. Also just driving around it will vary approx distance of 1/4 tank (on gauge). I'm having to use the trip meter and watch my fill-ups to prevent running out of gas. I have had this truck for a few years and the sender/gauge has never had an issue. We've replaced the fuel pump unit 3 times with the same result. In the last 2 times we verified the sender/arm dog leg was not binding up (before installing) and when the float was checked for travel, the gauge responded accordingly, E to F. I am now considering the Slosh Module may have gone bonkers. Nothing else has been touched. I'm thinking the aftermarket unit is just not like the original. Hopefully someone can touch on something I have not thought of. It's a simple circuit. Not much to go bad. Thanks for reading.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals