• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Selling the Supertruck

anupaum

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
It's sad, but I have to let my Supertruck project go . . .

My eldest son is now old enough to drive, and the only vehicle we have available for him to learn is my Ranger. I've been out with him several times in the machine, but it's simply too much truck for a 16 year old to handle.

We're going to have to find a beater with an automatic, and I can't afford to have three vehicles sitting in the driveway . . .

So, it's now listed in the FOR SALE forum. If anyone is interested in the machine, please let me know.

ILLEGALCONCEPTS

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 Modified
Transmission
Manual
WHAT!!?!?!?!?!

Why not turn the boost down more? I think every person should know how to drive a manual shift. Hell, I think your drivers test should be taken in one.

James

anupaum

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
WHAT!!?!?!?!?!

Why not turn the boost down more? I think every person should know how to drive a manual shift. Hell, I think your drivers test should be taken in one.

James
The only way I can turn down the boost is to install a smaller pulley on the blower. Taking the supercharger off and returning the truck to stock condition is more work than I have time or energy to do!

While I agree that learning how to drive a manual transmission is a valuable skill, we had three VERY close calls yesterday. I would like him to learn how to drive without endangering his life, or mine!

ILLEGALCONCEPTS

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 Modified
Transmission
Manual
I can understand Robert. Just a shame to see it leave its "creator". Hopefully someone from here will buy it and keep the project going.

James

red85

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
306 ci
Transmission
Automatic
I'm going through the same thing right now too. Both the 85 and my 94 2.3 turbo trucks are for sale. I bought a super clean 96 and my driveway can't hold 4 Rangers.

anupaum

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I just sold the truck!

ILLEGALCONCEPTS

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 Modified
Transmission
Manual
WOW! That was fast. Good for you Robert.

You're going to stick around right? LOL

James

anupaum

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Ok, the plot thickens . . .

I got the check by courier yesterday. It was for three times the amount we'd agreed upon, and the buyer insisted that I deposit it in my account.

:badidea:

Apparently, the scam works like this: "Don Simon" poses as a broker for overseas buyers. He sends a worthless check for a substantial amount more than the agreed price, claiming that it was an "error by his secretary." Then, he'll want the unsuspecting seller to refund the difference. Thus, he would receive, in my case, $6 000 out of my account. (There's another guy named "Simon Moore," whose story involves the merchant marine, but the scam is the same.)

Banks in Canada have as long as THREE MONTHS to invalidate a check, by which time "Don Simon" will simply vanish. The bank will cover its losses by debiting my account, so the loser would ultimately be me.

After I received the check, I phoned "Don Simon" and told him to send me a bank draft or a money order for the CORRECT amount, which he said he'd do on Monday. In the meantime, I asked a client of mine (who also happens to be my credit union agent) if the check was real. She took one look at it and said: "No, this is bogus. You need to report this to the RCMP." I went down to the police station last night, presented everything "Don Simon" had sent to me, and the woman behind the counter smiled and said: "Yes, this is a common scam." However, because I didn't cash the check and I'm not out any money, I can't press charges for fraud because no actual crime has been committed.

But then, "Don Simon" phoned AGAIN early this morning, and said he wanted me to deposit his check. I didn't let him know that I was on to his game, but simply repeated--quite firmly--what I'd told him the night before. I'm in no hurry to sell my truck. If it sits in my driveway for another ten years, that's no concern.

I'm posting this here as a cautionary tale for the rest of you. Beware of anyone who offers to buy your machine from afar, whether it's an Asian businessman, or someone who claims to be in the merchant marine and can't come to see the vehicle.

It's a shame that those of us who are trying to make an honest living are the natural prey for scumbags like this, but I guess that's just the world we live in. Be careful out there!

Last edited:

Will

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Act like you believe him and then refund the difference with a bogus check. You have to maintain the equilibrium of injustice.

anupaum

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Act like you believe him and then refund the difference with a bogus check. You have to maintain the equilibrium of injustice.
I don't like playing games. The guy is supposed to contact me on Monday and send a legitimate money order for the agreed price. I believe I'll NOT hear from him again . . .

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals