• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Seeking nylon bushings for center cap screws for steel wheel FORD OEM wheel #OW3009

motorapido

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT
Transmission
Manual
I need to find a source for the nylon bushings that press into the three holes in the wheel, into which the screws for the center cap thread in to secure the cap to the wheel. My steel wheels are 15" OEM Ford Ranger steel wheels. The only bushings I have found are designed for the OEM alloy wheels, and they don't work on the factory steel wheels. I considered filling the holes in the wheels with JB Weld and then drilling them and tapping them for the center cap screws, but the JB Weld approach will be my last resort if I can't find the Ford OEM or aftermarket nylon bushings. Can anybody point me to a source for these bushings?
wheel.jpg

RobbieD

2.9l Mafia
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Toonces drives a Ranger . . . . just not very well.
My older steelies, which are the same as your picture, used steel clips, for the 3 cap screws, that pressed into the holes. This is a pic I got off eBay some time ago:

cap nut for steelies b.jpg

motorapido

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT
Transmission
Manual
My older steelies, which are the same as your picture, used steel clips, for the 3 cap screws, that pressed into the holes. This is a pic I got off eBay some time ago:

View attachment 84910
Thanks. I found a potential online vendor. You have to email them to ask about inventory and price. Seems odd that these don't seem to exist on Amazon or ebay (there is an ebay listing but the vendor has none in stock). Looks lke this little clip/nut is the solution, so let the hunt begin.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals