• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

seat swap issues for a 99 ranger

jbwbike

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4 cylinder
Transmission
Manual
I have a 99 Ranger with a standard cab, the 6 foot bed, the four cylinder and a five speed. It originally had the world's most uncomfortable 60/40 vinyl seats with a perfectly straight back.

I swapped them out for a pair of seats that I picked up from a junkyard from a 2005. those seats have deteriorated and I was looking for another set.

I picked up a set yesterday from a guy who tells me that they are from a Ranger. The base of the seats look identical. They look like they are from a later model 2010 or later, but I tried to put them in my 99 yesterday and the right rail on the driver's seat is about 1/2" short of the mounting hole. I had the two front bolts in and the rear left bolt, but the right rear bolt wouldn't line up.

everything that I have read here and on-line says that this should work.

did Ford change this dimension? or is it possible that the seats for a 7 foot bed has a different foot print? I didn't try the passenger seat yet.

gaz

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
87Ranger Endrigo 2.9l, 87BII Endrigo 4.0l
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Ranger 5" (2" suspension), BII 4" suspension
Total Drop
Ranger 5sp, BII A4LD
Tire Size
Ranger 33"/4:10LS, BII 29"/3:73LS
My credo
Deengineer until it is how Blue Oval should have sold it!!
jbwbike:

Just get a set of rails from the yard that fit your Ranger and bolt them to your seats...or you could drill a new hole, using a fender washer and some sealant to ensure no leaks ..)

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals