Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4 cylinder
Transmission
Manual
I have a 99 Ranger with a standard cab, the 6 foot bed, the four cylinder and a five speed. It originally had the world's most uncomfortable 60/40 vinyl seats with a perfectly straight back.

I swapped them out for a pair of seats that I picked up from a junkyard from a 2005. those seats have deteriorated and I was looking for another set.

I picked up a set yesterday from a guy who tells me that they are from a Ranger. The base of the seats look identical. They look like they are from a later model 2010 or later, but I tried to put them in my 99 yesterday and the right rail on the driver's seat is about 1/2" short of the mounting hole. I had the two front bolts in and the rear left bolt, but the right rear bolt wouldn't line up.

everything that I have read here and on-line says that this should work.

did Ford change this dimension? or is it possible that the seats for a 7 foot bed has a different foot print? I didn't try the passenger seat yet.

Rock Auto 5% Discount Code: 4FF3E9EEA14805 Expires: October 1st, 2020

gaz

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9l
Transmission
Automatic
jbwbike:

Just get a set of rails from the yard that fit your Ranger and bolt them to your seats...or you could drill a new hole, using a fender washer and some sealant to ensure no leaks ..)