• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

seat question

Pistons23

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
i search craigslist alot looking for ranger parts. i came across this picture of some seats for a 99 ranger.

i beleive theyre interchangable with my 2000. now my question is, can that middle part of the seats be removed? that way i can just keep the buckets. i want to build my own center console/downfiring sub enlosure.

redneckbrad007

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
im not sure if this helps at all but id go with explorer seats thare alot more comfertable in my opinion and did you say you wanted yo put a bub thare in the middle or no?

Pistons23

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
yes im going to put a sub in the middle. i just want to know if that center part is removeable or is it atatched to the drivers seat. otherwise ill take a look at some explorer seats.

redneckbrad007

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i purdy sure its atached it might be bolted it might be welded but if you put a sub in thare id do a bazooka tube it fits and acts as a arm rest the just mount the amp where ever

thedangerranger93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I guess I can't remember, but if that is the 60/40 like my 94 had then yeah you can get rid of it. Many years ago I did this in my old ranger...
Pull back the cover and cut off a little foam. Then I used a die grinder to cut the 2 extensions off the seat. Then with a little shaving here and there on the foam I made it into a bucket. After that I stretched the cover over as tight as I could and had a buddy screw in a few self tapping screws with big washers on them. I am not saying that this is the right way or the only way to do this. Its just what I did when I was...oh about 16.
:)
I put a sub in there too...oh btw I would rec. seat covers if you do it this way. It doesn't look too professional/clean after. haha But hell that is a big part of why I did it (bucket covers rule)!
Anyways there's some imput for ya. Good luck.

97ranger4x4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I guess I can't remember, but if that is the 60/40 like my 94 had then yeah you can get rid of it. Many years ago I did this in my old ranger...
Pull back the cover and cut off a little foam. Then I used a die grinder to cut the 2 extensions off the seat. Then with a little shaving here and there on the foam I made it into a bucket. After that I stretched the cover over as tight as I could and had a buddy screw in a few self tapping screws with big washers on them. I am not saying that this is the right way or the only way to do this. Its just what I did when I was...oh about 16.
:)
I put a sub in there too...oh btw I would rec. seat covers if you do it this way. It doesn't look too professional/clean after. haha But hell that is a big part of why I did it (bucket covers rule)!
Anyways there's some imput for ya. Good luck.
I did the same thing when I was 16. I threw in a center console out of an explorer and it fits great. I hated that bench seat with the half ass arm rest. I wish I would have gotten some seats out of an explorer. my bother has a 98 explorer with leather and those are some comfortable seats!

-Keith

Pistons23

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
i purdy sure its atached it might be bolted it might be welded but if you put a sub in thare id do a bazooka tube it fits and acts as a arm rest the just mount the amp where ever
the bazooka wouldnt give me the output i want. id rather just make my own enclosure and stuff it with a nice 10" sub and feed it atleast 500W. thanks for all the other replys. i might just end up doing what thedangerranger93 suggested if i can find some decent seat covers.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals