• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Seat Covers

professor229

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Yes, I did explore/search for an answer and came up with Ranger seat cover entries that all referred to LMC trucks.... I noticed that the discussion entries were from 2001 but decided to do the LMC thing and went there.... jumped through the hoops, entering in the info requested... 2004 Ranger..... etc.... and there were no seat covers... I suspect 2004 is not old enough..... so I struck out there... I want seat covers that look decent for the 60-40 without throwing in my billfold... It is a truck project that will pull my fishing boat trailer so I don't need "pristine." I also don't want universal baggy looking anything. The only problem with my seats is the driver's side bottom that is worn and cracked..... not torn but well used.... and I might just buy a good old fashioned "cushion" for that but I would rather have a complete seat cover that fits.... Has anybody seen a company that has such a product or am I dreaming? Thanks!

Jazzer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
The consensus on this forum seems to be that swapping the seat out for a junkyard donor is the most economical route.
I searched forever for my ‘97 seats, bought a $200 set of covers out of Montana, and they were crap.

You can search ebay for OEM seat covers but $$$$.

-Jazzer

professor229

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
I think you hit the nail on the head with the assessment.... I am going to search a little longer but suspect that if I do find a set of seat covers that are made specifically for a 2004, they will be so expensive that ..... well..... you know.... this is going to pull my fishing boat trailer..... and the seats in it right now are not all that bad... and of course, the driver's seat is the worst.... and not all that bad... will keep looking....

Attachments

Ranger850

Doesn't get Sarcasm . . .
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Born with a 3.0, looking for a donor V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
Doing things wrong, until I get it right.

BrooksK

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 and 2004
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Manual
My credo
I am obsessed with birds.
I am in the process of redoing the interior of my '96. During my online searches, I have come across a few different websites. You said only the drivers seat has the problem, and it's just a truck that pulls a boat. What if you just replaced the bad part and kept the rest of the seats the way they are?

Jazzer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Mid range pricing check out Caltrend at Cariddotcom

-Jazzer

racsan

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford/escape
Engine Type
2.5 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.5/151 I-4
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
235/70/16
My credo
the grey-t escape
Another thing to consider is using the passenger side seat in the drivers side, just change the seat racks. It wont be a 60/40 anymore but just twin buckets with a space in the middle you could easily mount a console. The only drawback is that the release lever will now be in the inside (right) side of the seat. Many used junkyard trucks have minimal “seat time” on the passenger side while the drivers side obviously has a butt in it for every mile on the truck. My truck is a 94 with a 97 passenger side seat on drivers side.
21901471-2A12-4A45-B12F-10E6C3535481.jpeg

professor229

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
I like the idea of getting a passenger seat from a recycler... That being said, I just accessed my auto recycler website that lists parts from all over our state... and not one of them is listing a "vinyl" seat for either the passenger or drivers side.... I suspect that they have problems selling these.... this is not the first time I have used an original idea though. My 1947 Chevy street rod came with zero interior.... and after doing the math, I finally decided on a Taurus interior.... The only mod I had to do was to cut/reupholster the seat bottom of the back seat and that took less than an hour .... This was not listed on any recycling website. I had to just go "look" and I think that is probably true about this idea.... The U PULL IT PARTS outfits (two of them in our city) do have "several" rangers and I might go take a look.... I think/hope the gray vinyl seats were used the most but I never realized there were so many different seat options for Rangers.... Then there is the seat bottom upholstery option for $200 that someone listed.. It is awfully tempting but this was a $500 salvage truck project.... and spending $200 for this option is pretty much not going to happen. I am at my budget limit right now at $1000 including the price of the vehicle..... and now am concentrating on the body work.... which is going REALLY well so far... most of that is labor... and labor is cheap (in my case). My next and probably final expense will be to buy some single stage enamel... old school painting and color sanding.... I hate clearcoat..... thanks for the advice on the seats.... It will cost me a whole $2 to get into U PULL IT PARTS to take a look.....

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals