• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Seat cover vs reupholster

RobbieD

2.9l Mafia
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Toonces drives a Ranger . . . . just not very well.
original seats, but had my local shop beef up the foam and install vinyl Upolstry. Set was 465.00. I think and shop charged me 600 for their work and install my set. It was a little more than I wanted to spend, but wanted to keep OEM seats. I didn’t want to go back to cloth since this is my work transportation truck, other sits in garage. Vinyl is easier to clean
Those seats are really nice. Quality materials and labor do cost more, but well worth it if you're happy with the results.

gaz

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
87Ranger Endrigo 2.9l, 87BII Endrigo 4.0l
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Ranger 5" (2" suspension), BII 4" suspension
Total Drop
Ranger 5sp, BII A4LD
Tire Size
Ranger 33"/4:10LS, BII 29"/3:73LS
My credo
Deengineer until it is how Blue Oval should have sold it!!
Chapap,

My favorite seats to put in 1st Gen Ranger's/BII's are early 90's BroncoII and Explorer captain buckets; they we're a $750/each factory option made by Recaro, they feel great, the whole ride!!

They are very easy to find quality seat covers for, since they were factory options.

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Event Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ugly Truck of Month
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo
it is easier to fix and understand than "her"

Michael MAnning

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT 2.3l
Transmission
Automatic
Those look really nice. The edges aren't going to shred like seats do in vehicles since the mid 90s
These seats are super tough. My OEM Upolstry on drivers side was a mess and the Fabian on the edge destroyed. When I bought truck it was 28 years old, now she’s 32 and doing well.

Michael MAnning

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT 2.3l
Transmission
Automatic
Chapap,

My favorite seats to put in 1st Gen Ranger's/BII's are early 90's BroncoII and Explorer captain buckets; they we're a $750/each factory option made by Recaro, they feel great, the whole ride!!

They are very easy to find quality seat covers for, since they were factory options.
I was looking for buckets before I did the redo. Post some pics and information on years the came out of. I’m still thinking of switching. Have a idea for a full length center console I want to make, but need the correct seats. Thanks for any info you can give me

gaz

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
87Ranger Endrigo 2.9l, 87BII Endrigo 4.0l
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Ranger 5" (2" suspension), BII 4" suspension
Total Drop
Ranger 5sp, BII A4LD
Tire Size
Ranger 33"/4:10LS, BII 29"/3:73LS
My credo
Deengineer until it is how Blue Oval should have sold it!!
Mike,

The camera on my phone is disabled and I don't own one. But it is an easy Google, they were called Captain buckets; it wasn't well known that they were made for Ford by Recaro. Once I learned about them I stumbled on my first set and bought them immediately (they were stock in an 89 BroncoII, I kick myself daily for not spending a few dollars more for the matching rear seats🙄).

All power everything too. Both of my trucks were wired for powered buckets, so a very easy install minus the seat rails for the Ranger.

I later grabbed a second set that matched the BII's interior from a 92 Explorer, the first set now made available for the Ranger.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals