• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

SCT tune 4.0 manual trans

Don Tweaker

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
Does anyone have a SCT tune that I can start with?
I contacted SCT before purchasing the x4 and advantage 3 to make sure I ordered the correct product. Now I find out almost every thing was a lie. I was told the x4 will upload the file to adjust and that is true on GM vehicles, but not ford. For Ford it uploads a .bef which contains the file but SCT has not yet decided to convert it for me. So Here I am trashing SCT for LIEING to me since they already have my money. They helped me to a poing to opening a global file that contains everything ever formatted for fuel injection. Needless to say it's useless as 90% of what is there is not on my truck.

gw33gp

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
33"
I am not sure what you are talking about. I have an SCT tuner and it has Ford with pictures of various Fords on it. I bought it in 2002 with a custom tune on it. Later, I had it upgraded to a better tune. I don't know anything about programming them but am very happy with the tunes on it. I just plug it into the OBD port, select the tune I want and let it do its thing.

Maybe you have to buy a SCT tuner specifically for a Ford. Are you planning to program the tune yourself?

55trucker

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
-
Total Drop
mild
Years ago when I researched the SCT tuner one purchased the device itself (at that time it was the X3), it does not come supplied with tunes on it. One then approaches an SCT qualified tuner and you supply them with the truck PCM code identifier & you specify what you want done & that tuner will build you a custom tune specifically for your purposes. When completed they will email the file to you, you then connect the tuner device to your pc via usb to upload the tune onto the device.
From there you can go about applying the tune to your vehicle via the usual manner.

robw

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I have the X4 and Advantage III software for my 03 4.0L never had an issue with any of it. Do you have the X4 for Ford?

Don Tweaker

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
yes, I have the x-4 for ford. It will let me download 87, 89, and 91 octane. To make a custom tune their is everything in the data tables that have nothing to do with this truck, Like direct injection and cam phaser. I didn't want to have to go thru everything just to retard timing in a specific location/rpm zone

robw

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Sorry for the delayed reply. I just looked through my copy of Advantage III and didn't see anything about direct injection or cam phasers. I purchased the Pro racing package through Lasota Racing and they sent me the base tune.

PetroleumJunkie412

Official TRS EV Taunter
Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
2.9l Trinity
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Give 'yer balls a tug. Fight me.
Have the 5 star tunes for a 2011 manual.

Don't waste your money. Maybe 5% improvement on mid range torque from 1800-2500 rpm.

I'll send you the files if you really want them, but its $600 overall that's better spent on cramming a blower onto it.

Don Tweaker

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
I managed to find someone at SCT that took out the items that the truck didn't come with.... well except for the auto trans settings. The most annoying issue was the idle. Startup cold haha Florida so 70 degrees was 2800 rpm and coasting idle 2400 rpm. At 35 mph in forth gear 1800 rpm shift into neutral and coast to traffic light at 2500 rpm. RPM drops to 750 when truck comes to complete stop. High idle was stopping synchros from shifting into first gear till completely stopped and idle drop. Engine and trans rebuilt, no vacuum leaks. After first edit Idle bouncing between 750 and 950 rpm and no shifting issues now

robw

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Glad to hear to got it solved.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals