• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

sbc swap headers

alittlelow

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I just looked through all 98 pages in this forum and couldn't find an answer. I was trying to see if s10 sbc block hugger headers could fit in the ol' ranger. I know some of you guys are using ram horn and factory manifolds, but i want a little more breathing room. By the way i'm doing this with a bagged 94 ford ranger, and then again with a toyota front clip. Thanks for not flaming about the "blasphemy".
Here's the truck before the "incident".

alittlelow

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Well that kind of answered all of my questions right there. It sits a little higher than i want mine to sit, but i'll make it work. Thanks for the help.

RangerFabWorks

The O.G blackwidow67
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I noticed in the drivers side header pics that it's pretty close to the rag joint. I dont know how they handle heat, might keep an eye on it. Maybe farther away then it looks though.
thats not my truck, its another members truck, mines has the stock manifolds and is further away

Well that kind of answered all of my questions right there. It sits a little higher than i want mine to sit, but i'll make it work. Thanks for the help.
no problem, just remember, trial and error are a major part of any engine swap. take your time, and dont rush things. feel free to ask me or chvlfrk any questions you might have.

doorgunner

Lab Rat for V.A. hospital
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
2009 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
New Orleans (8' below sea level & sinking)
Vehicle Year
1934/1989
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
350+1
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
N/A
Total Drop
3/4
Tire Size
23570R15
My credo
JESUS Loves Ya!
I noticed in the drivers side header pics that it's pretty close to the rag joint. I dont know how they handle heat, might keep an eye on it. Maybe farther away then it looks though.
I used block hugger headers......had to modify the front tube to get it farther away frim the rag-joint & steering shaft....it took me about 2 hours to make the mod to the tube & leave clearance to get the header bolt in place....I also had to modify the collector(downtube) so it would clear the engine/frame crossmember.....another hour & 1/2.....6 advils....LOL....all because I didn't want any heat near important stuff.....

hang in there blackwidow.....

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals