• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

SBC ranger motor mounts?

Teddyzee

December 2011 STOTM Winner
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0L HO, GT40 heads, GT40 intake, 65mm TB, 1.7rr, Tri-Y headers, dual 2.5" exhaust, Flowmaster muffl
Transmission
Manual
For the record, this thread went from "how do I bolt a SBC into a Ranger" to "I'ma buy a Camaro".

chvlfrk

December 2010 STOTM Winner
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT 5.0L
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Tire Size
235/70R15 front / 275/60R15 rear
Explanation>>>

actually i think you have it backwards if it did not go behind the water pump, but did go behind the other accessories wouldn't that throw off the pullies? :icon_confused: and what about your transmission input shaft, you are adding an extra distance when you sandwich the mount between the engine block and the bellhousing.

using a 2-piece isn't unique its usually the only viable way to do it on the front (see mine was 2 piece) what i meant by "unique" was didn't you rig the ford parts to run off of the chev motor? and to make it work didn't you have to use v-belts?. and the thickness of most plate setups is usually 3/16" to 1/4" which is less than most off-set increments that are available for factory pulley setups so buying different pullies to make it work is a little tougher too

doing all of that is exactly what i meant by "affecting" the from accessory drive
=========================================
If you use a MP that goes behind the WP, it will make your pulleys sit farther forward than the crankshaft pulley & any accessories you have.

I don't have any accessories on mine, it's manual steerin, and have no use for air in this TOY.

Yes, I run V-belts, don't like the serpentine setups.....Just person preference.

I meant mine was unique as in, "not store bought", I made it.

Most MP applications also include a plate between the bellhousin & the engine, so no added stress. I don't run one of those, but I do have a solid trans mount and I haven't had any trouble.

D.C.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Can I get a few pictures of someone's mounts and plates for sbc into a ranger? Please., Need to make my own with no welder.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals