• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

sas d30 Fabrication

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
idk why everyone is trying to convince you not to do the sas swap i myself am doing the same thing i just bought a dana 30 coil out of a 91 cherokee and also just got my hands on a dana 30 from a wrangler with a set of tera flex leafs already on it and in doing one ranger leaf and one ranger coil over the only differance bettween the 2 is one has a 2.8 and one has a 2.9i bought a receiver hitch from the junk yard thats 41 inches wide ind im going to cut it just wider than the leafs so i can mound and weld it under the front end to mount my leaf spring perches from but you have to center your axle in your fender and then measure to make sure your leaf is going to bolt up properly

disciplerocks

July 2011 OTOTM Winner
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Either stay with coils, or get a better axle.

bIIjr

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
There seem to plenty of 30 haters here. As a former jeep guy I can tell you people are not giving it credit. My cherokee was almost 4k lbs. after lift and everything else and I was very abusive. A 30 will be fine as long as you get a axle with bigger joints ( 1995+) or swap out shafts for bigger and keep others for spares. Matter of fact I'm doing a 30 swap my self. I have seen 30's push 37 inch swampers in competitive settings and do fine. I was a neuroc/ uroc judge so I have seen everything.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals