• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Rust Repair in Bed

backporch

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger Off Road
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
245 75R16
I was thinking along the same lines to get a piece of sheet metal, bend it into an angle like you said, and bolt below the deck to the front of the bed. That part of the box is in reasonable shape. The other longer part of the angle woudl extend past the rusted area and bolt or rivet to the lowest part of the corrugated bed. Hopefully the bolts or rivets don't interfere with the bed liner.

I do have some old parking signs hanging around. I bet those are galvanized and I would have to check if the thickness is reasonable enough to get the job done.

biggest issue in my mind is that I want to replace the "angle" section that is already present ( but rusted through ) which is also part of the "spacer tube" that the bolt travels through. Whatever repairs I make have to take into account that the weight of the bed's deck transfers to the frame.

bobbie58

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
did almost the same thing as 91stranger did and bought the bed bolt kit off ebay and replaced them both my front bolts snapped off ground off what was left chiseled the nut off the frame made patches till I can afford a replacement bed

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals