• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Routing the power steering high pressure hose.

Kedi

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
First post, but have read a few articles.
I just replaced the high pressure hose from the power steering pump to the rack. Pretty annoying with the limited spaces.
The routing for this hose is terrible. It is pressing against the lower radiator hose and the frame. So it will be rubbing constantly in two places. I tried a couple different routes. But only this terrible one works at all. I ended up with it pressing against the right side of the lower rad hose if you are looking down while standing at the front of the vehicle. Then it presses against the frame before going clear up to the power steering pump. Is there some better route?

Tips if you are going to do this. You can release the lower hose end with a 13 mm socket and a long extension on the ratchet from the top of the engine compartment. Then, grab the hose up near the top by reaching through the wheel well and bend it back and forth till it snaps off at the pump bottom. Then you can get a socket on the fitting at the pump bottom. I had to use an impact driver to get that fitting out. A flex coupling for your socket is good. Don't over tighten the fitting on the pump. You can destroy the sealing washer. The lower connection remains quite loose. But seems that the o-ring is enough to seal it. I will keep an eye on it.

2008 Ranger Sport 3L overhead valve.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals