• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Rotted out coil bucket

Tperry94

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford ranger
Transmission
Manual
Hi I got a 89 ranger xlt and the passenger side strut tower/coil bucket rotted out and left a hole in my frame I managed to patch the frame but now the dealership is on backorder until March 30th 2020 I was just wondering if anyone knows what other vehicles take the same part so maybe I could find one that isn't rotted and take it out if anyone has one to sell me or knows somewhere I can get one that doesn't go thru the dealer also that would be amazing I traded my restored 3000gt for it knowing itd have problems didn't think I'd get this deep tho and not have a ride to work any help would be awesome thankss

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
1989-1997 2wd Rangers used the same basic front suspension (same basic frame really), so you should be able to use one from any of those year models.

Maybe one of these will be what you need? They are listed as fitting 2wd and 4wd, but I don't know if there is actually a difference in that part or not.

https://www.autoandtrucksprings.com/ford-ranger-coil-spring/shock-tower/

Last edited:

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
1989-1997 2wd Rangers used the same basic front suspension (same basic frame really), so you should be able to use one from any of those year models.

Maybe one of these will be what you need? They are listed as fitting 2wd and 4wd, but I don't know if there is actually a difference in that part or not.

https://www.autoandtrucksprings.com/ford-ranger-coil-spring/shock-tower/
I installed one in mine (it took some fitting because my truck is out of the year range, not all of the holes lined up and the brake line hole is different) and it is a nice quality part. I would not pay dealer markup to get what is probably going to be the same thing.

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
I second the parts from ATS. When I went to replace mine they were the only source available.

I had the same issues @85_Ranger4x4 did for the same reasons, but nothing insurmountable.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals