• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Rookie questions?

plainolebill

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
It has 160k right now and it is a rough ride on the city streets. The roads are not in very good shape as I said in my original post. The truck runs good but I have a list of things to do: Shocks, replace or fix the bedliner, A/C isn't getting very cold if at all - it's been cool around here so hard to tell. I hauled a load of wet compost home the other day with no problems.

I looked weeks for a small truck but they were all located outside the range I was willing to go for tire kicking. Anyhow thanks for all the suggestions and feedback.

superj

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger edge
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3 liters of tire smoking power
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
none
Total Drop
none
Tire Size
235s
My credo
Grew up in the 70s, 80s, and 90s
160k is a new truck, to me. All my dad's company trucks were rangers. We drove them to over 300k, all four or five. All solid dependable trucks and that's why I have a ranger as a run around truck. Mine has over 200k and I have driven it 700 miles one weekend across Texas.

But, mine is a rough ride too. I don't have coil springs though and I know torsion bars are rough to begin with.

I would say get those kyb shocks. I like those too

Last edited:

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
My mechanic friend says he puts KYB Monomax shocks on stuff when he needs a decent cheap shock... I put them on my F350 and it tamed it's ride down, the Rancho shocks I took off about a year ago are still sitting outside the shop, still fully compressed with nothing holding them there so they were SHOT :), I might do a set of them for the '97 one of these days...

plainolebill

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
It looks as if KYB Monomax for ranger 2wd coil spring front isn't made.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals