• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

rolled Ranger looking like a first gen again

crazy2.9l

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1986 (2)
Make / Model
Ford all ford
Transmission
Manual

well finally got some time to sit around on TRS and thought i should get some pics up again of the build since i last rolled it two years ago its got a new cab and box and currently undergoing a 351w sawp a 9inch rear and a dana 44 solid front. I forgot my camera at the shop but heres some pics of the truck looking like a truck again atleast the the cab isnt smashed down to the door handle anymore.

Last edited:

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
well finally got some time to sit around on TRS and thought i should get some pics up again of the build since i last rolled it two years ago its got a new cab and box and currently undergoing a 351w sawp a 9inch rear and a dana 44 solid front. I forgot my camera at the shop but heres some pics of the truck looking like a truck again atleast the the cab isnt smashed down to the door handle anymore.
You only need one set of "[/IMG]" and "http" thingamajiggers there bud.

Truck doesn't look half bad, do you have any before pictures to compare?

Last edited:

gotmudd

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
390C.I
Transmission
Automatic
not to step on your toes or "burst "your bubble cuz i am not one hundred% sure but when you refer to a vehicle as being "first gen" you are refering to the body style. now correct me if i'm wrong guys but the RANGER was first offered as a FULL size truck in the mid 70's, i say this because my friends dad had a '79 ranger 4X4 FULLSIZE which would make his the first gen. yours would be 2nd gen. :icon_confused:

Last edited:

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Event Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ugly Truck of Month
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo
it is easier to fix and understand than "her"
not to step on your toes or "burst "your bubble cuz i am not one hundred% sure but when you refer to a vehicle as being "first gen" you are refering to the body style. now correct me if i'm wrong guys but the RANGER was first offered as a FULL size truck in the mid 70's, i say this because my friends dad had a '79 ranger 4X4 FULLSIZE which would make his the first gen. yours would be 2nd gen. :icon_confused:
the lil ranger is an actual model, not pimp package designate...these are gen 1

gotmudd

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
390C.I
Transmission
Automatic
KINDA MAKES IT CONFUSING BUT HERE GOES, '79 i believe was the last year of the full size ranger they started the lil ranger in 1980 SO i repeat as in ANY vehicle designation car OR truck when you change body style and or size you change generation and since the 'LIL RANGER IS THE ONLY RANGER ON THE MARKET i stand by my hypothosis [ unless you guys KNOW where i can buy a brand new full size ranger

kunar

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.8l
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
KINDA MAKES IT CONFUSING BUT HERE GOES, '79 i believe was the last year of the full size ranger they started the lil ranger in 1980 SO i repeat as in ANY vehicle designation car OR truck when you change body style and or size you change generation and since the 'LIL RANGER IS THE ONLY RANGER ON THE MARKET i stand by my hypothosis [ unless you guys KNOW where i can buy a brand new full size ranger
a 'full size ranger' was actually an f150 ranger. in the 70's ranger was a trim package offered on full size trucks. in 82, the 1st gen ranger came out. a totally different truck with 'ranger' as the model name, not bing a trim package

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Event Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ugly Truck of Month
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo
what about my black and green fullsize bronco with the "RANGER PACKAGE"

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Event Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ugly Truck of Month
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo
said ranger right on it...

haymaker

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
91'
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Way to thread jack, even if your right, your still wrong. Anyways that ranger is looking good , must have been a bitch to get out.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
a 'full size ranger' was actually an f150 ranger. in the 70's ranger was a trim package offered on full size trucks. in 82, the 1st gen ranger came out. a totally different truck with 'ranger' as the model name, not bing a trim package
My dad's 1980 F-350 is a Ranger, its biggest, heaviest Ranger I ever did see.:dntknw:

I think it was offered across the board for F-Series trucks and Broncos in the 70s and 80s, they also had an Explorer package as well.

87xlt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Manual
Where can I get one of these Full Size Rangers?

Last I checked a Ranger is a Midsize.

I think the shortbus is that-a-way gotmudd ----->

:thefinger:

blackbronc

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
89 BII retired
Make / Model
91 Xplodr Sport
Transmission
Manual
And what about the XLT package??? get real! A 150 is a 150 regardless of the "package".

Kdawg532

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 V6 God's gift to man
Transmission
Manual
technically it was the F100

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals