• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Rocker whoas

Shadowridr1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda b3000
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
So, evidently rocker arms for the 3.0 are like dinosaur or dodo birds. Everyone I've called can't get them and don't show a part number, those I can find like in ebay are $20+ each and they only have like 2 or 3. So what I need to know is, cause I have not pulled mine back off yet, what or how much wear is considered not usable. Is there anything I can do to make them better. Will new bridges do any good for a worn rocker. IS THERE AN ALTERNATIVE, cause I just ordered new lifters, pushrods and bridges......

pjtoledo

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Fords
Engine Size
3.0 2.3
there are roller rockers that fit, kind of pricey though.
your rockers have an 8mm stud (same as 5/16") that was also used on early 289/302.
that limits the selections.
maybe search for Sealed Power R1007 that's a kit of the arm & pedestal/bridge.

Ford doesn't have any???

Shadowridr1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda b3000
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
there are roller rockers that fit, kind of pricey though.
your rockers have an 8mm stud (same as 5/16") that was also used on early 289/302.
that limits the selections.
maybe search for Sealed Power R1007 that's a kit of the arm & pedestal/bridge.

Ford doesn't have any???
They have one that pops up but is not listed as a match for an 03 3.0 ranger, but it's $42 each. The r-1007 are the only ones I can find on ebay, but i would have to buy from 8 different vendors and again they range from $18-30 and do not come with the bridges like the sealed power suggests that it does. Rock auto doesn't even list a part number. This is just a daily driver, I don't want to splurge for rollers and it's just asinine to have to spend MORE for rocker arms than I did for a set of remanufactured heads.

pjtoledo

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Fords
Engine Size
3.0 2.3
what popped up from the local Ford dealer. about $11 says late 2003+ this is the arm only, the bridge is on back order

oops,,I ran a second search and it changed the link

second try:

well, seems the link didn't work as planned, deleted.

Last edited:

Shadowridr1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda b3000
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
what popped up from the local Ford dealer. about $11 says late 2003+ this is the arm only, the bridge is on back order

oops,,I ran a second search and it changed the link

second try:

Search Catalog Results for parts.ford.com
Tried your link, it didn't work...I found them on summit racing r1007 set of 12 with bridges will cost $240 to my door, with a ship date of 11-29-21, so if that stayed on track I'd get them Dec 5....☹

pjtoledo

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Fords
Engine Size
3.0 2.3
I had problems with that link too. I'll delete it.
it was thru my local Ford dealer, oddly I just tried it and the rocker arm page showed up.
I'll blame it on cookies or whatever.

Shadowridr1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda b3000
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Have you tried Tom Morana? They show on his website, but I'm sure you would have to call to see what the lead time is.

http://www.moranav6racing.com/category.html?CategoryID=36
No sir I've never seen this site before. Thank you, but I made a great score at my local pick and pull today. Got rocker arms off an 03 3.0 that showed 75k miles on the odometer. If I would have had the right tools I would have just pulled the whole motor. I might still go back and do that, everything from the lower intake down was there

Roert42

RBV's on Boost
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
No sir I've never seen this site before. Thank you, but I made a great score at my local pick and pull today. Got rocker arms off an 03 3.0 that showed 75k miles on the odometer. If I would have had the right tools I would have just pulled the whole motor. I might still go back and do that, everything from the lower intake down was there
Tom Morana is well know for building fast V6s. Anything from him would probably be higher ratio, roller rockers, not stock stuff.

mc17eln

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XLT
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
@Shadowridr1 can you post a photo of the rocker? Your best bet may be a couple hours in the local junk yard. If an engine was not starve of oil, they don't ware much. I cannot see or feel them off my 192,000+ mile 3.0L Vulcan.

Shadowridr1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda b3000
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
@Shadowridr1 can you post a photo of the rocker? Your best bet may be a couple hours in the local junk yard. If an engine was not starve of oil, they don't ware much. I cannot see or feel them off my 192,000+ mile 3.0L Vulcan.
I pulled a set off one in a junk yard. They actually looked worse than mine, so I just put mine back in, but I will snap a picture of them when I get back home from work. Probably will be in the morning

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals