• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Wanted Rocker Panels Left and Right side 2010 Ranger Sport extd cab. 4 door

bsavulis

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger Sport 4
Transmission
Automatic
Rocker Panels Left and Right side 2010 Ranger Sport extd cab. 4 door, I am looking for a set of rockers. Everywhere I have looked oneside is reportedly on national back order. I am sure there must be some company that supplies aftermarket panels. Though I have had no luck with Google. Anyone??

MikeG

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
B4000
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
235/75r15
Rocker panels, or step bars? Two different things..... :confused:

bsavulis

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger Sport 4
Transmission
Automatic
Rocker panels! Please. Mine have some serious rot. Body guy said you get the parts, I'll do the job. Now I know why.

MikeG

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
B4000
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
235/75r15
Rocker panels are sheet metal. Body shops ought to be able to hammer them out. If they can't then you'll need a junkyard donor vehicle to cut them out of. Assume yours are badly dented, or completely rusted out.

bsavulis

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger Sport 4
Transmission
Automatic
My rockers are very rusty, I was really hoping to find weld in repair panels / replacements. Isn't there another company that makes these parts besided Ford?

MikeG

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
B4000
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
235/75r15
Truck has been out of production for almost 10 years, odds are that Ford surplused the stamping dies years ago, after making what they thought would be enough spares. They would have sold off any spare parts that were sitting around in the warehouse by now, odds are. Might have made some cab parts for spares but who know. Sometimes the dies go overseas where it's cheaper to run them, or they could be gone forever. Just never know.

Making up the dies and having the rest of the equipment to run them is not a trivial matter, so no one is going to do it unless they think they can make a buck. Fiberglass much cheaper than steel which is why you can find small runs of fiberglass fenders and whatnot.

A decent body guy ought to be able to hammer out something close, and putty it up enough to look like the factory contour. Saw my dad do it to replaced crunched corner-panels on the vans that my mother drove, and continually backed into trees, etc. :rolleyes: Just takes time and ambition.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals