• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Rockauto and B4000

dashhho

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda B4000 SE
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I've noticed that the Mazda B4000 section is quite lean for some parts - even lots of motorcraft parts are not listed. Just looking in the PCV section alone, they don't list the hose replacement part even.....Search under the Ranger 4.0L V6 and bam its there.

On top of this - some parts are the SAME but cost 3x just in the B4000 section!! Wish I had known this earlier..... I already bought some parts.

Are there any other tips when using rockauto?

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Mazda parts are usually thru Mazda so unless its a body or trim part look up Ranger of same year and model for mechanical parts

Unless a part maker specifically states it fits Mazda and Ford model no autoparts seller will do the crossover, because they can't "warranty" the fit

Shran

Junk Collector
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
It's not just Mazda... I have had the same issue finding parts for an Explorer, and had to look at the same year Ranger, or vise versa. And it's not limited to RockAuto, I've had PLENTY of issues with NAPA, O'Reilly, Carquest, etc. What I have learned is that if you're going to own old vehicles and work on them yourself, you better get good at being creative with your search for parts.

Colin

Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Agreed, 90% of the time I buy parts from the Ranger section of rockauto, or the ford dealership. unless I know it's a Mazda specific part

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals