• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

rock sliders ane aftermarket bumper help?

dirtcowboy

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985,1986(2),19
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
2.9, 4.6, 4.0, 6.8, 5.0x4
Transmission
Automatic
to the OP
i apologize that the thread when to crap... didn't mean to come by as a "smartass" or offer options you didn't want. you didn't state you couldn't make them... but truthfully, you won't find them. the offers i suggested are you best options. I'm not, however, apologizing for dirt cowboy calling me out and calling me a liar... he assumed some info that wasn't true.

to dirt cowboy
i don't appreciate being called a liar. do your research before you call someone out. just bc my bumper is similar does NOT mean that it was bought from there. mine is made from all 1/4", its internally supported better, and doesn't have the holes drilled for body lifted vehicles. PLUS a first gen explorer bumper will NOT fit a 1st gen b2... i don't have a problem with you or anyone else on this forum, b/c its just a forum... people are different. i'm sure i could sit down and have a beer/drink w/ you in person. Just do some research before you call someone out. don't assume.... it makes you look like an idiot.

No, you're the idiot. I looked and looked and nowhere in my post did I call you anything, nor did I CALL you out, you are the one calling folks names . Methinks you suffer from a guilty conscience and a small penis, neither of which concerns me. Before you reply, go back and actually READ what the words in my posts say, not what you think I said, words have meaning.

I ASSUMED you bought your bumper from RLC, I gave you the benefit of the doubt, I didn't know you were a thief. Since you STOLE the design from RLC on Pirate, you clearly KNEW there was an option of bolt on bumpers for BII's From RLC, but when the OP asked for a bolt on idea you decided to act like a internet tuffguy and told him " it's called buying a welder and a bender ". I'm pretty sure you own neither. The photo of the sliders are what yours are "patterned" after, another blatant case of thievery??

YOU didn't DESIGN or BUILD anything, you hired it done, from a stolen idea you saw on a different web site and ended up with a store bought, bolt-on bumper for your BII, just what the OP asked about. Why didn't you just point the OP to RLC on Pirate or Chubby at RROC, and help him out? I should be shocked at your complete lack of integrity, but, then again, I don't know the first thing about you other than your propensity to blatantly steal ideas and concepts from original designers then claim them as your own. Hold on one second, I guess I DO know all I need to know about you.

Clearly a first gen explorer bumper WILL fit a first gen B II, you proved it by stealing RLC's design and subtly altering the returns at the end of the bumper. Wow, made of 1/4" instead of 3/16ths", what a quantum leap forward in technology! However, not including different mounting options on the bumper brackets for body lifted trucks seems like a downgrade from the original design, and that appears to be a step back in tech. Looks like a wash, either way that's hardly DESIGNING your own bumper.

You should apologize to me and the OP as well as anyone else who read your horseshit post for being a smarmy little prick, but I won't hold my breath.

This is fun, back at'ya bitch!

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
hahaha. now its not even angry, now its fun!

i apologize..
happy?

RLC had honestly slipped my mind at the time. believe it if you want, or don't if don't want to. i don't think about a company that i've never bought from.. looked at their threads on pirate once. saved a pic or 2.. never looked again. till you mentioned them.

didn't think about them till after you said something. but even when i did think about them... i didn't think their bumper would fit a first gen b2.

i do actually own a welder. 2. an old arc welder and a newer mig. bender? no.. i had a HF bender that got stole. along w/ 2 bottle jacks, 2 ten foot sticks of DOM, and some smaller hand tools. (just thought i'd entertain you with a side story for a min)

and stealing a design? really?? illegal when patented(?) copyrighted..whatever. i'm an idiot(since you're always right), i don't know the difference
i could (if i wanted to take the time) point you to several bumpers that all look the same. some people asked, may i copy that... some don't. the guy that made the sliders i posted, Mark, knew i was building those. Who's to say that I didn't help the original maker make his? we did it in his yard w/ basic hand tools plus a welder. fun day, you should have been there. nice northern MS sunny day... was hot, but you get used to it. you're from Montana, i don't know how your weather is... would LOVE to visit Montana tho. Can i crash on your couch if i drive thru? lol

maybe i don't do things on my own. so what? do you not have friends that help you with projects? i'm part of a local club and we do lift parties, we do bumper parties, we use any excuse to hang out and build/fab/design/bs stuff. just b/c i paid for the Man's consumables does NOT mean i hired him? i don't get how you make that (once again) ASSUMPTION.

my "leap" as you called it of using all 1/4" says nothing. agreed
the lack of 2 sets of mounting holes means, i don't need both sets. why drill extra holes when i know i'm not adding a body lift???? would you?

who is Chubby at RROC? you bring this guy up and i'm not even sure who he is, i'll Google that in a min.

maybe i did do some "over" reading into what you wrote.. regardless you told the OP you directed him to where i BOUGHT my bumper... you didn't give me the benifit of anything. you said i did something after i said i built my bumper. therefore making what i said false (if you were right, which you're not)... calling me a liar. i'm sorry, if that's to deep... if i "over" read into what you said.

now i'm gonna go google Chubby, see who he is and what he does. maybe there's some more designs i can steal!!! since that's my biggest hobby in the world... well there's always mall crawling and web wheelin'!

Last edited:

BLOODBANE

V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORDFORD
Engine Size
347, 4.oh
Transmission
Automatic
To the OP, the DUFF bumpers are actually pretty good design I have the winch bumper on my first gen Ranger

and their non winch on my Explorer. The only thing that bugged me was I had to weld the uprights on the Explorer bumper. As far as sliders like has been said, most are home built. Not saying that there isn't something out there that would work. I did mine while I was going through my divorce (nothing better than taking out your frustrations on poor defenseless tubing

No matter on those though, whatever you find there will have to be some fab work (maybe a local welding shop could do it for you). Good luck, if you do find some post it up, I'm sure there are a lot of folks here that would appreciate it.

Last edited:

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
oh yea, warn made an explorer winch bumper.
think slo had one? maybe they used to offer a b2 one also and you can find a used one.

Last edited:

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
dirt cowboy,
i'm done.. call it your "win" if you want.
PM me if you wanna continue to talk about it.

I would like to know who Chubby is tho..
i just refuse to do this publicly anymore.

Last edited:

ES894x4

December 2013 STOTM
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Make / Model
Ford
And the reason I call it a Dickhard bumper.. His name is Richard or Dick!
do you let your dog lick your bumper?

does your bumper shrink in cold water?

when your driving does your bumper come first?

not on the attack. bumper looks good.

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
do you let your dog lick your bumper?

does your bumper shrink in cold water?

when your driving does your bumper come first?

not on the attack. bumper looks good.
:icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl::yahoo::icon_thumby:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals