• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Retro fitting an 07 connection to an 02 passenger air bag disable switch

EdgeRanger91

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger Edge
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
4"/2"
Tire Size
235/75/15
ok So i finally got my hands on the audiophile console, however my console is from an 07, which means 2 things which are obvious, one, their is no Key style passenger airbag disable switch, in 07 ford switched to a weight style system for the passenger airbag. Two the plug that comes from the console, that plugs into what i assume would be the switch, is a different style, smaller.

I'm installing it into my 02 ranger. which has the key style switch, I'll have to modify the console to put the key into. that's fine, straight forward enough, I may try to have it coming to the side rather then facing up to keep the console looking clean. what I need to know is how to wire my airbag switch to the wires coming from the console. looking at a video online, it looks like the wire colors are almost the same except 2 are different. I'm guessing if i can figure out which one matches up with the older wire I can wire the switch in. I just need to compare wiring diagrams.

sorry if this post was terrible to read. I'll post pictures once I get it all in the truck and I can show exactly what Im dealing with.

EdgeRanger91

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger Edge
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
4"/2"
Tire Size
235/75/15
update i figured it out- the silver thing is nothing to do with the airbag- Im pretty sure its an Aux line in. im going to move my passenger airbag switch into the glove box

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals