• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Resurrected 4.0

RangerDanger2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
No Worries
I thought I would share my restored 2004 4.0 long bed that I purchased several weeks ago. Decided to purchase a retired City of Orlando work truck with only 43K on the clock, auto, 3.55 limited slip with a perfect interior.

The outside however was fairly poor, so I put a new cheap paint job on her, all new lights and grill, Dupli-Color painted front end, rear bumper and cop style steel wheels. She turned out great! Total cost so far for the truck, tax, license, paint, parts, shocks, bed liner, window tint, mirrors, one hub cap, and small repairs: $6,300.00. She runs and drives like new.

I've never done anything like this before and I think I've done fairly well. All of you have been very helpful in providing information to bring her back to life - so thank you very much!

It's just a simple work truck/Home Depot runner - but it's all I wanted.

Here's a quick before and after:

Last edited:

Bird76Mojo

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
That's probably a pretty peppy little truck, even with the 3.55's. I love my single cab 4.0 but it came with 4.10 L/S because of the 4x4

RangerDanger2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
No Worries
That's probably a pretty peppy little truck, even with the 3.55's. I love my single cab 4.0 but it came with 4.10 L/S because of the 4x4
It really is however I'm thinking about changing to 3.73 gears. She only turns 2300 at 75 mph so it's not so peppy at higher speeds unless I turn off overdrive then it becomes a rocket ship. I'm like you though, I have totally fallen in love with this little truck. For the past 20 years I've had big trucks - Nissan Titan and a Chevy 1 ton diesel dually - and they just were to big for where I live and how I use the truck. Wanted to go back to a compact simple truck which unfortunately doesn't exist anymore. Looked at new "mid-size" and they too were just to big.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals