• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Resonable junkyard motor price?

Southern3.0

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'96
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3, what a turd...
Transmission
Manual
I bought an '02 f150 with a locked up 4.6 for $800, ive been looking for a new motor this past week and it seems like there going for about $1000 localy. Ive seen a 3 or 4 go for about $800 and a few go for $1500, and the mileage on them is anywhere between 50k and 75k.

Idk what decent pricing on something like this should be at, what do you guys think?

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
thats is about what you are going to pay. you might get lucky and find one for cheaper but it is hard to tell.

tpking

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
my local JY charges 350 .. i just bought a 01 taurus motor for 350 with 80k on it

JamesC

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1986/2005
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
350 chev/3.0
call a rebuilder and get a price sometimes your better off with them.

rboyer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.hoe
Transmission
Manual
Around here it's $175 for a motor that you get to see running right in front of you right before they pull it and load it in the back of your truck.

feellnfroggy

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
I found mine for about 200. It is a 3.8 l mustang motor tho. Also check places like USA4sale.com. My Ocala4sale has a buncha motors for less than 300. Patients if you can afford to wait will net you what your looking for. (However 800 for a 4.6 mod motor aint to bad. Do you know what year or what its out of?) They were made from 92 all the way to today with some major differences.

Psychopete

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Around here it's $175 for a motor that you get to see running right in front of you right before they pull it and load it in the back of your truck.
Even for a newer motor like that? I could see an old (eg) '88 2.9L for $175, but comparitively, a '01 4.6L? Seems like they'd want to charge more for the 4.6L... If that is that case, where in the hell are you getting your motors? :icon_twisted: I could pick up something bad ass for cheap as hell! :icon_thumby:

Pete

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals