• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Replacing Fuel lines question

Mac Guy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
So I replaced the fuel pump and filler hose on my '94 Supercab due to age and rust which cause the truck to spray gas all over the place. There was a pinhole leak on the supply tube that probably explains the rough running and lack of power. During this repair I had to cut the fuel line as the angle connector would not seat without spraying gas. I guess the o-ring dried up or it was bad to begin with as well.

I did all of this by removing the bed, not dropping the tank. I also removed the Fuel lines the hard way (Thanks for the tip about wearing safety glasses, foam plugs in ears and keeping mouth closed when disconnecting the lines!)

Here is my question....
I bought a new set of fuel lines from a Ford Dealer who cut me a hefty discount and the connectors look different. I was told that they will work for my truck as the original lines have been updated. Same length as the old set of lines. Before I try to feed them thru the frame and hook them up, should these work???

I'll try to attach pics to show what I mean. Good advice will be gratefully accepted.

Attachments

Dune Runner

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1999 4.0
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Try hooking them up before you run the line to make sure they will work.

Mac Guy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Try hooking them up before you run the line to make sure they will work.
I understand what you mean but I am concerned about when the lines are under pressure. Can't quite do that without feeding them thru. Has anyone else done this before?

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
as long as the gender is correct those connectors are fine, they're just the modern version, the O ring size and clip sizes are standard and have been for a long time, don't worry about it, they'll work

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals