• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Replacing blower fan resistors

professor229

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
This is an old thread.... wow.... I bought a universal pigtailed unit to install. I had to take out quite a few items in the way because I could not simply unplug the unit on the firewall. Over the years, the two pieces fused together... completely rusted together. I had to get a straight shot at the two bolts with a socket and was careful to keep tract of the wiring... the universal replacement unit was for all Fords so they were not color coded..... I had to install this twice because the first time, there was no change in the speed. I took it apart to make sure I had the wires installed correctly. When the speed knob still didn't work correctly I was disgusted until I turned the knob back and forth a few times and like someone said, the contacts must have been corroded and now make contact on the knob... it worked perfectly then and still to this day a couple years later.... Side note... I still have the old unit hanging in my shop to show people who ask about it...I tried taking it apart in a vise and never could get it apart. Since that time, I have replaced the box with an almost perfect box complete with shims to make it level... with the old box off I refinished most of the frame. I have also aligned it three times and have it close now. It is now my daily driver. I have over 300 hours in the rebuild of this unit. It has 107,000 miles on it; runs great. Getting old now and this may be my last restoration project.... Have a good one....

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals