• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

remake of It's A Wonderful Life

naford

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I heard recently about talk of a remake of It's A Wonderful Life. There is talk of George Clooney as George Bailey and Jack Lemon as Mr. Potter.
Well I thought wouldn't it be interesting if we could use politicians instead of actors. Who would you choose to play which parts. Don't take this to seriously it's the holidays. First some of the characters.
George Bailey
Mary Bailey
Henry Potter
Uncle Billy
Clarence ( the angel )
Harry Bailey
Emil Gower ( drug store owner )
Violet Bick
Sam Wainwright

Ok here are my choices
George Bailey Jimmy Carter good heart no sense of bussiness.
Mary Bailey Roslyn Carter or Nancy Reagan maybe Fawn Hall loyal stood by oliver North shredded documents.
Henry Potter Dick Cheney he just seems mean
Uncle Billy a tough one either Ted Kennedy or Joe Bidden
Clarence Gerald Ford a little clumsy but an alright person
Harry Bailey Bush sr or Robert Kennedy
Emil Gower Richard Nixon
Violet Bick Monica Lewenski
Sam Wainwright John Edwards because he made a ton of dough.

Go ahead see if you can think of any others remember this is for fun.

Will

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
James Stewart is my favorite actor. I don't want to see that remade. I mean, are they going to remake Sound of Music?

I like Clooney, but I'd skip that.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Jack Lemon has been gone for over 7 years...

I also do not support a remake. :icon_thumby:

Will

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Jack Lemon's acting career hadn't started when that was made.

Watch Mr. Smith Goes to Washington for a great James Stewart film. One of my favorites is Flight of the Phoenix. I like the whole thing there. Any avid 4-wheeler could learn a lesson--go into Wellsville with your B2 and come out with 7 people riding a dirtbike made of B2 parts.

Jimmy Stewart was a bomber pilot in WW2, flew many combat missions and interupted his acting career to join the USAAF. Just about my favorite American.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Jack Lemon's acting career hadn't started when that was made.

Watch Mr. Smith Goes to Washington for a great James Stewart film. One of my favorites is Flight of the Phoenix. I like the whole thing there. Any avid 4-wheeler could learn a lesson--go into Wellsville with your B2 and come out with 7 people riding a dirtbike made of B2 parts.

Jimmy Stewart was a bomber pilot in WW2, flew many combat missions and interupted his acting career to join the USAAF. Just about my favorite American.
My favorite is "A Rare Breed".

We got a Hereford calf to replace one of our cow's calves that was too big and died at birth, so we always throw the irish accent in it when we say the breed.

Flight of the Phenoix is good too, really cool when I saw another C-119 at the SAC Museum in Omaha although it was in Navy colors. It was cool to see to see the plane in real life.

CJREX

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
What a difference from today where the A-listers will interrupt their acting career to protest or stump for their favorite political agenda.

And remaking "It's A Wonderful Life" would be a travesty.

Although "Re-imagining" old movies is all Hollywood seems able to do nowadays. Quite poorly usually.

skippy

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l durasparked rice killer
Transmission
Manual
Jimmy Stewart also served in the Reserves after the war and retired as a Brig. General.He is one of my favorites,the man had class!

Mac

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
The first Jimmy movie I ever saw was the "Spirt of St. Louis" with my dad at the movies. Quick check on Google showed he was actually drafted in early '41' into the Army Air Corp, no air force existed before 1947. "It's a Wonderful Life" actually bombed when first showed, deemed too gloomy after the war. No way to remake it. Don't make them like they used to.
Dave

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
I always liked Miracle on 32nd Street...

Watched just about all his films too...my dad was an RCAF tail gunner (Warrant Officer 3rd Class)...so all the war movies and anything with Jimmy Stewart, John Wayne, or a number of others (Clark Gable, Humphrey Bogart, and many many more) was a Saturday Night Special...most of them B&W though...

svtranger04

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
i bet it will turn out worse than that remake of Charlie and the chocolate factory!

When will people learn that just because it is old doesn't mean it doesn't work!

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Back in the 70's my older brother said "all that has to be said in music has been said"...he was quoting someone...Bob Dylan I think...but as far as creative ideas we see more and more rehashed stuff because there is only so much you can do or say before you are repeating someone somewhere else in time...

Look at the recent Super Hero movies...stuff that was classic in comic books 40 years ago coming to the big screen...why? Because they don't have anything better to put up there...and as long as there are kids that get wired on that sort of thing there will always be a market for it...

But I agree...some things should not be redone...like old movies...

WNY964x4

ASE Master Certified
Supporting Member
Firefighter
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
72-03
Make / Model
Chevy,Ford,BMW
Engine Size
alot of different ones
Flight of the Phenoix is good too, really cool when I saw another C-119 at the SAC Museum in Omaha although it was in Navy colors. It was cool to see to see the plane in real life.
the C-119 is a pretty cool plane , the aircraft grop i belong to has one , but it is undergoing a major restoration , it has RCAF markings on it

also , my great aunt had a friend that was a paratrooper in korea , and he had many memories of jumping out of thse clamshell doors on the 119

Sunk

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.5 Eco
Transmission
Automatic
Back in the 70's my older brother said "all that has to be said in music has been said"...he was quoting someone...Bob Dylan I think...but as far as creative ideas we see more and more rehashed stuff because there is only so much you can do or say before you are repeating someone somewhere else in time...

Look at the recent Super Hero movies...stuff that was classic in comic books 40 years ago coming to the big screen...why? Because they don't have anything better to put up there...and as long as there are kids that get wired on that sort of thing there will always be a market for it...

But I agree...some things should not be redone...like old movies...
I couldn't agree more... I often think a song I hear on the radio is a totally different one... Everything's been done before, in part or whole. Some of the movies you mentioned had versions come out like 5 years ago, such as the Incredible Hulk..

Oh well, we keep buying it and that's all that matters.

Will

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Quick check on Google showed he was actually drafted in early '41' into the Army Air Corp, no air force existed before 1947.
I said USAAF, not USAF. United States Army Air Force. The ...Air Corps name officially changed in 1941 to ...Air Force. The Air Force became its own service branch in 1947.

Jimmy Stewart was drafted, and rejected because he was something like 6'5" and 140#. He worked very hard to get in that bomber. Also, celebrities that were drafted were normally doing bond drives and hanging out with Bob Hope, not dodging flak.

skippy

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l durasparked rice killer
Transmission
Manual
I said USAAF, not USAF. United States Army Air Force. The ...Air Corps name officially changed in 1941 to ...Air Force. The Air Force became its own service branch in 1947.

Jimmy Stewart was drafted, and rejected because he was something like 6'5" and 140#. He worked very hard to get in that bomber. Also, celebrities that were drafted were normally doing bond drives and hanging out with Bob Hope, not dodging flak.
Some celebs saw action,like captain kangaroo,marine on Iwo Jima or Eddie Albert who saved marines in the water,forget what island invasion.There were many stories,my memory fails me at this moment.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals