• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Relocate tailgate handle?

Z3CHYD

U.S. Military - Active
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
3 front 5 rear
Tire Size
225/60R15
I bought my 97 ranger with the tailgate already shaved, there was no handle so i bought one from the junkyard from another 97. Now my question would be, how would i relocate the handle to the inside of the tailgate? i have all the hardware to if your wondering. Any help or pics would be appreciated thanks :)

Hazmat Ranger

May 2009 STOTM
U.S. Military - Veteran
MTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
You need a relocator kit that replaces the panel on the inside of your tailgate. Several companies make them such as Sir Michaels:

This one is just the center portion. I have the full width panel for mine, but I will be making a custom set-up and probably will not be using it anymore. I do not have pics though, sorry.

Z3CHYD

U.S. Military - Active
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
3 front 5 rear
Tire Size
225/60R15
Thanks man that helps, ill be lookin for a relocator kit now :D (lol my truck is beginning to be a money pit)

skyy_4life

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3 turbo
Transmission
Manual
llok on ebay for relocater kit. their pretty cheap on their. or look into stylin concepts.

rangerpimpn84

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3l
Transmission
Manual
ne low rider slash project like ours is a money pit. dude i just spent a 1000 on mine this winter and its not even lowered yet. but im also tryn to rebuild it to.

doorgunner

Lab Rat for V.A. hospital
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
2009 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
New Orleans (8' below sea level & sinking)
Vehicle Year
1934/1989
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
350+1
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
N/A
Total Drop
3/4
Tire Size
23570R15
My credo
JESUS Loves Ya!
relax......ur gonna have wut u want when finished/compare that to 5 or 6 years of monthly notes on sumthin you'll have to start repairin by the time it's paid for/if i'm goona be in a pit, i want it to be a customized-modified-just the way i like it-pit:icon_hornsup:

rangerpimpn84

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3l
Transmission
Manual
haha i agree with ya on that doorgunner. my ex gf's mom used to pick on me for drivn an old truck that i keep dumpn money into. it was always the argument buy/lease a new car that i have to pay for and keep stock or keep my ranger that i know whats wrong with it. so what did i do o u already know kept the ranger. u should c her now half rebuilt runs better than her and my ex's cars do and dont have a payment either. keep going with it all this time and money will payoff sooner or later trust me. I hate drivn ne other car besides my ranger even new ones.

Z3CHYD

U.S. Military - Active
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
3 front 5 rear
Tire Size
225/60R15
lol most women will never know the special bond between a man and his truck
+1 Girls will never know.....unless their the manly git-r-done redneck sorta girl

Hazmat Ranger

May 2009 STOTM
U.S. Military - Veteran
MTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
hey now - my wife is NOT one of those ^^^ and she understands, even said "I Do" to the truck, cause she knew when she married me she was marrying into an established relationship.
LOL - just kidding, but she does understand and likes cars also . . .

4x4fun

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
really?
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
when me and my ex split she made the cheep comment about like my truck more then her, then yelled at me for not "saying any thing" and being cold. shes doesn't know i didnt say anything cause i couldn't argue with the truth. but i new if i sad that. i would have gotten two ass chewing and not just one.:headbang:

ILLEGALCONCEPTS

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 Modified
Transmission
Manual
I bought my 96 brand new 2 years after my wife and I started dating. There have been many comments made over the years about my "love" of the truck. She knows the truck isn't going any where. I've spent too much time on it and enjoy driving it way too much to ever replace it. If I was to get something else, she knows I'll just be working on it all the time. At least I know the history of this one and almost all the work on it has been done by me. Plus at least she know where I am at, I'm not at the bar or strip club blowing money.

James

rat_ranger

December 2009 STOTM Winner
U.S. Military - Active
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3 duratec
Transmission
Manual
Yeah, my ex didnt get te army or the car thing. so now I met a newgirl who grew up working on hot rods with her dad. and the best part is she likes my truck.

but on the subject I have a full panel one and a tailgate skin sitting at my dads house. its waiting till I have access to a welder. and for now the full panel is the simplest way to go.

fatcalvin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2000 Ranger 2.5
Make / Model
98 ranger 2.5l
Transmission
Automatic
+1 Girls will never know.....unless their the manly git-r-done redneck sorta girl
I saw this hot ass chick at a car show polishing up her rims on her pink mini and i was amazed. I mean its one thing to see a girl driving a nice truck but to actually be out there cleaning it all up, you know SHE put a lot of work and money into her truck. Did i mention she was hot!!:icon_surprised:

Z3CHYD

U.S. Military - Active
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
3 front 5 rear
Tire Size
225/60R15
I saw this hot ass chick at a car show polishing up her rims on her pink mini and i was amazed. I mean its one thing to see a girl driving a nice truck but to actually be out there cleaning it all up, you know SHE put a lot of work and money into her truck. Did i mention she was hot!!:icon_surprised:
Heck yea sounded like a sight to behold :yahoo: lol i still cant get my girlfriend to drive/wash/anything to my truck....

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals