• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Relived Dreams, 88 supere cab xlt

proz07

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.3l
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Hey guys! Had a danger ranger as my first vehicle 16 yrs ago and it was a rusted out hunk but i loved it. love the body style but now i can make it worth while!

Found this beut on CL for $310 delivered to my door. guy said it was pretty much a barn find from an older woman liquidating her late husbands and hers assets. after the look over i believe it! minor dings on the body but RUST FREE sure it has minor surface rust from that time but that's it nothing a light scrape wont handle. So far it seems the old man must have been r2ing the clutch as its missing the starter and trans output flange. and clutch looks way too clean so i think its new. I honestly have a $20 on it running just fine once i replace those.

The plan is to get her running so if anyone has a 97+ extended cab one piece drive shaft im interested! Then lower it with possibly the djm 3/4 kit but looking at my setup i think the axle flip will kill my travel so may need to find an alt for the rear lowering... maybe explorer 8.8 swap and shackle riser. on the front i plan to swap to the 89+ arms to be able to upgrade to the 97+ dual piston brakes to match the disk rear. then ill be sourcing parts to do a GM LQ4/9 t56 swap for a sleeper.

Cant wait, but i have another few weeks of planning as i have a broke hand that just got a screw put in so slow going.

Recap: anyone have a 97+ ext cab long bed manual driveshaft?

if anyone has any tips im all ears, especially the lowering of the rear. I was thinking maybe doing a c notch to the frame should work with the djm 3/4 kit to make it work nicely w/ a fender roll and new wheels.

Z

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Nice score!

chewy012

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Manual
Wooooo look at that! That's sick! Nice score!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals