• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

====reg cab SUB/BOX HELP====

DRAGGINASS

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4 banger
Transmission
Manual
ok i have a 1993 reg cab ranger, an im 6 feet an 1'' tall....an i already have an aftermarket headunit an aftermarket door an back speaker 2 an amp....so now i need the BASS...so i was woundering if any one knew of a good sounding speaker in a shallow box to where i dont have 2 be 2'' away from the steering wheel....so a good shallow sub an box...but not 2 much money like nothing over $250....thanks alot....zeke

baxtej44

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
ok i have a 1993 reg cab ranger, an im 6 feet an 1'' tall....an i already have an aftermarket headunit an aftermarket door an back speaker 2 an amp....so now i need the BASS...so i was woundering if any one knew of a good sounding speaker in a shallow box to where i dont have 2 be 2'' away from the steering wheel....so a good shallow sub an box...but not 2 much money like nothing over $250....thanks alot....zeke
you can always put it on your passenger side, and make them be close up...

anyway, google shallow subwoofers and you'll get plenty of results.

also look around in this forum, MANY threads

DRAGGINASS

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4 banger
Transmission
Manual
ok will do thanks alot.....anyone else ??

a-5 freak

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I am in your same situation. I got a single kicker cvt shallow sub and i made a custom box for it. The mounting depth is like 5 inches i belive.

Ranger#1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
there is pleny of room just go wide and thin i dont think you are going to need a shallow there just extra $ you can spend on sound deading

baxtej44

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
I am in your same situation. I got a single kicker cvt shallow sub and i made a custom box for it. The mounting depth is like 5 inches i belive.
those look nice.. do you have a 12 or a 10?

the 12" mounting depth is 4 5/16", plus your mdf thickness doubled up(front and back of box)

the 10" mounting depth is 4 3/16", plus your mdf thickness doubled up(front and back of box)

it's practically mocking me, telling me i should get the 12 instead of the 10, if you have the money.

it's 2/16 of an inch deeper, and the box only needs to be .2 cubic feet bigger for the min rec volume. (so if i did my calculations correctly, just increase the length width and height by all .6 inches, and you have your .2 cubic feet right there, slightly over .2 cubic feet anyway)

those look really nice, how is the performance? and what amp do you have driving them? i'm interested in those.

flyingbrick

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I just picked up THIS guy for less then cost then any shop in town can get it.

baxtej44

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
I just picked up THIS guy for less then cost then any shop in town can get it.
nice a 12" sub with 4" mounting depth....

link to specs on it?
can't find on their website, but i didn't really look.

what do you have running it?
also, pics would be nice :)

flyingbrick

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Specs, I'm almost finished the box, and i wont have it in stalled for a few weeks, as I'm a little low on cash and i need a second amp, but I'll have THIS GUY powering it.

baxtej44

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
Specs, I'm almost finished the box, and i wont have it in stalled for a few weeks, as I'm a little low on cash and i need a second amp, but I'll have THIS GUY powering it.
looks nice on both ends!

is that brand of amp reliable? looks great for the size it is... great for single cab trucks.

did anybody else have rear speakers in their ranger? i have a 1988 ford ranger xlt 4x4 and i have two rear speakers in enclosures that barely put out anything

i'm probably just going to get rid of them, as i can only hear them if i fade the audio to only those... so they can't fill too much.

Pistons23

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
if i were to go with a slim sub id either go with the re audio thin sub or the memphis s-class subs. the jl audio one is just way too expensive. but you can get away with either a conventional 8 or 10. you just have to take some measurements in your cab. you can also gain some room by taking out the back panel at the back of the cab. just do alot of research before you commit to anything. imp retty happy with the 8" sub being fed 150w.

flyingbrick

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
looks nice on both ends!

is that brand of amp reliable? looks great for the size it is... great for single cab trucks.QUOTE]

I've been running that amp for about 3 years now, I've had no problems with it even dropped it once, and i have yet to have it get so hot the fan kicks in. But the bad news, good luck finding a dealer for them, and they pull a high price but it is in the top 5 brands for SQ amps.

baxtej44

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
Heres mine.

Two Kicker 10's...

Drivers seat doesn't move forward at all!

:)
holy shit dude nice!

if you could rate the "bumpin" from 1-10, with ten being the best, what would you rate it?

i mean i want bump.. but i want to be able to drive without getting a headache, etc... i want to turn some heads though.

poweranger84

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
GMC
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
im 6'6" and i got a single cab 86. i had 2 10s behind my seats, didnt work too good. i had to pull the seats up, got tired of being cramed in there.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals