• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Redline SI-1

qorray

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XLT
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
225/60/15
My credo
ODAAT
My 1990 Ranger was having hard starting problems since I got it, I would switch key on/off like 5-6 times for it to start. Replaced known problem area parts ie fuel regulator etc but no luck under hood trying to solve problem. Stating to think fuel pump was bad, but I could hear it when switch was on. Came across this Redline fuel cleaner by chance searching for PEA chemical cleaner for fuel systems, Redline makes one of the best fuel system cleaners I have ever used. If you have a high mileage truck I would say do this towards the end of you oil life as you will need to change it!!! I ran 1 bottle of Redline with full tank of fuel and noticed immediate results with idle and starting problems on my 2.9L. I now do not have a starting problem, fires first try every time!! Truck is far from perfect but I'm still amazed that I didn't know this was available in this strength. Im not kidding about changing your oil after using this stuff, my oil was black from carbon build up, I only had Redline fuel cleaner in for one tank. Amazing results!!!! Q

RangerGoolz

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Manual
My 86 was doing that when I got it a few months ago. I changed the fuel regulator and pump and it was night and day difference. Barely bump key and it turns over now.

ekrampitzjr

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Red Line's SI-1 is good stuff. If you use Amsoil products, its fuel system additive uses similar chemistry.

qorray

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XLT
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
225/60/15
My credo
ODAAT
My 86 was doing that when I got it a few months ago. I changed the fuel regulator and pump and it was night and day difference. Barely bump key and it turns over now.
I’m still planning on doing the fuel pump, 100% clogged fuel injectors on my truck because of the length it sat!! Q

qorray

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XLT
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
225/60/15
My credo
ODAAT
Red Line's SI-1 is good stuff. If you use Amsoil products, its fuel system additive uses similar chemistry.
I’ve used Amsoil product before, definitely a premium product with a premium price. Redline is an equal IMO to Amsoil but easier to get by me. I’m kinda lucky that I have a Summit Racing showroom/warehouse about 13 miles from my house. I wonder what chemical they use in the Amsoil fuel cleaner, I’m going to have to research that. That PEA chemical is a crazy good fuel system cleaner. Most fuel additive cleaners currently on the market will not tell you the percentage of cleaner they add???? I would think all would have a MDS but most do not. I’m kinda sold on the Redline because I physically could feel the difference driving after only a couple of miles!!! Anyone have an experience with Amsoil fuel cleaner Id like to hear about it!!

ekrampitzjr

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
I’ve used Amsoil product before, definitely a premium product with a premium price. Redline is an equal IMO to Amsoil but easier to get by me. I’m kinda lucky that I have a Summit Racing showroom/warehouse about 13 miles from my house. I wonder what chemical they use in the Amsoil fuel cleaner, I’m going to have to research that. That PEA chemical is a crazy good fuel system cleaner. Most fuel additive cleaners currently on the market will not tell you the percentage of cleaner they add???? I would think all would have a MDS but most do not. I’m kinda sold on the Redline because I physically could feel the difference driving after only a couple of miles!!! Anyone have an experience with Amsoil fuel cleaner Id like to hear about it!!
That's what I'm getting at. I've used both at different times. They perform about the same. Just as I consider Red Line and Amsoil Signature engine oil and ATF to be about equal if you want a boutique product.

qorray

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XLT
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
225/60/15
My credo
ODAAT
That's what I'm getting at. I've used both at different times. They perform about the same. Just as I consider Red Line and Amsoil Signature engine oil and ATF to be about equal if you want a boutique product.
+1, those 2 companies top notch. Q

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals