• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' the posts that you read.

Red/blue wire color change from starter solenoid to NSS?

surratt

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Im bypassing my nss for now on my 5.0 swap on my 1987 bII. The red/blue wire from the ignition to the starter solenoid does not have 12 during crank bc the trans isnt in place. Problem is i cant find the damn red blue wire around the trans area. Im wondering if it changed colors to the trans or if im missing a engine harness that contained it

Rock Auto 5% Discount Code: 4FF3E9EEA14805 Expires: October 1st, 2020

rangerin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Not sure what all is compatible, but I just swapped over to a 5 speed and jumped my NSS in my '84 Ranger. I had a 4 wire plug. The purple and black wires where for the back up lights, and I had two red wires that I crimped together for the NSS.

surratt

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Well I found it. Looks like im missing a harness that was with the engine trans that carried the wires back. Red/light blue wire is on two different connectors around the master cylinder. Simply cut them and spliced together. Now I have my 12v at startup and the starter solenoid is functioning.

I bypassed the NSS for now but later I will install one on the trans and adapt the wiring to it. Maybe this will help someone one day with the same problem