• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Rear washer motor?

RC2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco 2
Transmission
Automatic
I searched on here first, I can't seem to find any info. There seems to be a rear washer motor, I just replaced the front one in the reservoir, I can hear the thing humming away when I hit the rocker switch for the rear wipers. Probably not the most important thing, it must be a booster? sounds like it is in the ceiling almost. By the way for future info, the new washer motor main one, it leaked, I had to use the old seal from the old motor to get it to stop, in case someone runs into the same thing

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Sister site for B2s here: https://www.broncocorral.com/

Check the Tech Library link at the top

Never had a B2 so may be talking out of my "a$$" here, but unless you see two hoses coming out of engine bay washer reservoir then there may be a 2nd reservoir for rear window and its pump

If there is a 2nd hose then it may be clogged so rear window pump is not Primed, it needs a fluid in it to start pumping, so should be located at or lower than reservoir level

Last edited:

RC2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco 2
Transmission
Automatic
Sister site for B2s here: https://www.broncocorral.com/

Check the Tech Library link at the top

Never had a B2 so may be talking out of my "a$$" here, but unless you see two hoses coming out of engine bay washer reservoir then there may be a 2nd reservoir for rear window and its pump

If there is a 2nd hose then it may be clogged so rear window pump is not Primed, it needs a fluid in it to start pumping, so should be located at or lower than reservoir level
Yes I found the fill plug for the rear via a large pic online. Put some fluid in still hear the motor running but no dice.prob should pull hose off sprayer to see if sprayer is plugged Got my ac working today though !! I have to wonder how long this sat. When I replaced the front washer motor the line blew off the bottom of the reservoir. so I had to fix that too. was all bulging last few inches and loose. weird

tw205

Bronco II Rancher.
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6” skyjacker 2” body
Tire Size
33x12.5
That rear washer motor is a drag to get out. I imagine you figured out it’s behind the wall panel. If I remember correct there is a union where the hose routes from body to rear door. Unplug there as well and hit the switch. Hope your fix is just a clog in the sprayer.

RC2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco 2
Transmission
Automatic
That rear washer motor is a drag to get out. I imagine you figured out it’s behind the wall panel. If I remember correct there is a union where the hose routes from body to rear door. Unplug there as well and hit the switch. Hope your fix is just a clog in the sprayer.
Thanks I was fixing to pull the back light out duh i know its in there somewhere not the most important thing right now it is my drivers side mirror wind keeps moving it one of those black swivel deals bought a dorman mirror rock auto had it listed, doesn't swivel on a ball joint though i don't think it is going to work probably just going to go with the bigger style mirrors

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals