• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Rear Swaybar Installation Tips

Danno1985

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
stock
Total Drop
stock
Tire Size
stock
Those hard lines were routed the same way for disc and drum. That should not be an issue.

However, you have just made me realize I paid absolutely no attention to my brake lines when I installed my rear sway bar a few weeks ago.
Hmm...
This job is definitely turning out to be more frustrating than I expected. The hard lines on the passenger side are on the back side of the axle and I couldn't figure out for the life of me how to get the bracket on that side tightened without putting pressure on the lines. Maybe I'll give it one more crack another day, but the idea of having brake lines inside the brackets doesn't really sit well with me, and I can't really see another way to do it without running into that issue.

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
I ran out and looked at mine. Apparently when I made my lines I left a nice big flare away from the axle right where the U-bolt needed to go.

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
Welp, one more update/hurdle that didn't occur to me right away: my truck has rear discs. I don't think there's a way to do the brackets without pinching a brake line. Mine just has way too much going on on the top of the axle. I think I'm officially throwing in the towel. Oh well.
On the one side, I did have to tweak the brake line a bit to get the axle brackets to fix.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals